• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wylex 30 amp type 2 fuses

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes these boards are old the trouble with these boards is theres only 3 spare ways for 30m/a additional protection so limited
That really depends on what you are doing, its not often that you need 3 new circuits in an old installation, and if you need more than 3 maybe you should fit a new board and upgrade the whole installation,

Yes
Are you doing EICRs?
Yes, and be a great help would 30 amp wylex nb circuit breaker type 2 or type 1, just asking the question that's all at some point obviously these cant go on forever then it would be looking at a board change a few years down the line

To keep it short I could just do with wylex 30 amp nb circuit breakers type 1 or type 2 just odd one or two

Like one scenario I went to there was upstairs ring main and downstairs ring main on one 30 amp nb wylex for some bizarre reason, so I needed another 30 amp which I had in my van that was the last one I had now I have none, insulation was fine , continuity fine so a whole lot better as now down sockets on one circuit and up sockets on another circuit, just helps me out in sticky situations if anyone has got any..

Like one scenario I went to there was upstairs ring main and downstairs ring main on one 30 amp nb wylex for some bizarre reason, so I needed another 30 amp which I had in my van that was the last one I had now I have none, insulation was fine , continuity fine so a whole lot better as now down sockets on one circuit and up sockets on another circuit, just helps me out in sticky situations if anyone has got any..

Absolutely nothing wrong with 2 x RFC on one OCPD

I know what happened firstly at the start, on 30ma side this is how it was on 30ma side sockets down , sockets up, up lights, then after that someone wanted a shower circuit before I was there but that's how I saw it when I was testing it down ring plus up ring together on one circuit, shower and then up lights, it's better for segregation and fault finding down sockets separate and then up sockets separate

It's more of a spec situation with the down and up sockets, so I did down sockets, shower, up sockets 30m/a side then up lights off a 30ma rcd spur as close to the board as possible so its minimal feeding the rcd spur the supply but like I say that's one rcd spur next to the board you dont want any more than that because it starts looking silly near the board , that goes into next thing board change

You want to lart with any 30s what's the plan you just storing them?

I have loads of NSB and NBs and HBs
Just saying

Nice to meet a fellow hoarder, Its only occasionly that I need something from the all the old stuff ive got stored, but I definatly couldn't get rid of it, because there will definatly be ones that I will use eventually, even if most of it just sits for 20 years....

Ung and kerching have you got any 30 s spare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts