Federal electric MCB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen a Federal board before, but i need a 40A MCB HCA series to fit a 3 phase dist board (small unit) or equivalent if anyone knows of a nother make that fits???

Is it the "Stablock" type?

I'll see if I can find a photo later, if it is forget it!

Federal kit is like the proverbial rocking horse stuff.

are we talking single phase? I can find a 32A and a 50A in the HCA but not a 40A on ebay, did they definitely do one?

We're also looking for a 2 x 32a F.E. Breakers....... Trying to convince the owner to put in another board

Ok, so the attachments works when you attach them inline, but not as a list/link. :(

I will look into it.

It appears to be a long running issue with various versions of the forum.

I will discuss it with our techical team. :)

I do appologise in the meantime.

The attachments do work if you select them as inline. I have downloaded the "screen recording" thing and I am going to start a dedicated "talk.electricianforum.co.uk channel" on youtube. I will record how to do certain things on the forum, in video fomat, and I will then post them on our youtube channel.

I think that is a great idea and will save a lot of time and posts, trying to explain. :)

Sorry for hyjacking the thread.

Hmm.gif

There was a major safety scare re Federal Electric breakers a few years ago. Found this link RECALL - FEDERAL PACIFIC BREAKER

Quote from the second page,

'We recommend that residential FPE Stab-Lok electrical panels be replaced entirely or the entire panel bus assembly be replaced entirely, regardless of model number or year of manufacture. We recommend against replacing individual FPE Stab-lok circuit breakers. We do not sell circuit breakers nor any other products'

Slips,

I knew of this, but I thought it was only the US versions?

Mind replace the board is the best recommendation as far as I am concerned.

Thanks!!!

Been trying to convince the owner to replace.... Now got a bit of leverage to persuade him!