Solar Panels....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now, I know absolutely NOTHING about solar panels; I also know the meanest person that ever existed. They came up 5 mins ago wanting to know about solar panels, They only got an area about 6 feet x 15 feet to put them on.

Anyway, they wanted to have them fitted to their large workshop at end of their garden. I said to them that they will have to have a proper submain to the shed to feed into for a start, but someone has told them that the 2.5 twin and earth [stuck in a bit of plastic pipe] they have now will be ok... This is for a run to the CU of about 70 metres.... I know makes you laugh.

What are the requirements for the connection of the solar stuff to the mains, and am i right in thinking that they are stopping all this FIT nonsense anyway????

Thanks all

john...

if circuit ain't legal, you can't use it, simples! Plus PV requires lower volt drop than standard, albeit I can't think what the number is off the top of my head.