Apache

Big Yellow Book - Group Buy - Gauging Interest

Would you be interested in a group buy for the BYB?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a copy through the forum (based on above conditions)?

2. 2. If you want a copy of the BYB would you also like to buy the following:

blinker

My comments are how I see things from here, and I reiterate they are not sweeping statements but are based on what i find during the course of my days work.

I have no apology of any kind to make to either yourself or any other member of the forum. 

Twatt -  read what I posted - at no point did I suggest either buying a bootleg copy or belittle the idea of the Forum bulk buying , the copy I obtained is an official copy and cost £62.50 delivered - search the internet and you too will be able to purchase a copy at this price.

Andy™

My comments are how I see things from here, and I reiterate they are not sweeping statements but are based on what i find during the course of my days work.

I have no apology of any kind to make to either yourself or any other member of the forum. 

Twatt -  read what I posted - at no point did I suggest either buying a bootleg copy or belittle the idea of the Forum bulk buying , the copy I obtained is an official copy and cost £62.50 delivered - search the internet and you too will be able to purchase a copy at this price.

there is only one twat in this thread, and it isnt Dave

Sidewinder

I bet that you won't get another copy for £62.50 unless you are an IET member.

Remember, all the prices have skyrocketed now that the book has been published, the reduced cost was to ensure that the sellers could get their bulk discounts from the IET.

I can get a paper copy for £55.25 delivered.

However, my paper copy will be infinitely cheaper, and in fact, I doubt that anyone, anywhere will get it cheaper, legitimately.

ISSWWW

We stock the BYB and will be getting the other books in soon, sitting here at home I am unsure of the cost but if there is interest i will see if i can get together a price that will save money for the membership.

We buy plenty anyway so qty wouldn't be an issue, perhaps i shall just post a price and leave it to you guys to decide.

dnjr

Yep

I'd also look at getting BYB, osg and gn3 as a bundle 

Paddlefreak1

I'd be keen to get the new book and OSG, I find the OSG very handy!

northstar

£55 for the byb seems a steal compared to £85

ISSWWW

I have just read this thread again and wish i had done better prior to my last post, in view of having done so i want to make the following comments.....

1. We have a number of the green book lest in stock (about 9/10) and any member who calls me at work on 01603 406148 can have one with my blessing (free), to claim the discount

being offered on a new version, as pointed in a post on this thread.

2. We will offer the yellow book to any member wishing one at cost plus 5% and £2.50 carriage, we will of course issue an invoice. We have a few in stock now but we will order

more as necessary. I will post a price tomorrow.

3. Give me a call about the DC Clamp (you know who you are), let me help.

4. Generally we get by don't we Lady (maybe more than one) and gents? then someone crops up who just seems to want to offend. Always seems to happen on there first visit for

some strange reason, it is an open Forum so we have to accept this occurring, however we don't have to rise to it. To have made the comment in the first place shows a self

belief that is likely hard to sway so there is little point biting.

Lurch

I still cannot fathom a logical reason as to why anyone with even a modicum of sense would drop these ludicrous amounts of money on a complete new book to see a few chages on a couple of pages.

When the BSI release loose leaf versions and updates in the same format I will buy said editions.

Edited by Lurch

Sidewinder

I still cannot fathom a logical reason as to why anyone with even a modicum of sense would drop these ludicrous amounts of money on a complete new book to see a few chages on a couple of pages.

When the BSI release loose leaf versions and updates in the same format I will buy said editions.

They won't no more loose leaf versions will be published.

There are also more than a "few" changes unfortunately.

Apache

Blast from the past - welcome back Lurch :D

Evans Electric

Was that the Lurch  ?

Joseph Howarth

Just thought I'd post it here as well for people wondering what to do with there green regs

amazon.co.uk will give you £21.86 for your green regs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Requirements-Electrical-Installations-Incorporating-Regulations/dp/1849192693/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423473057&sr=8-3&keywords=bs7671

and £9.67 for the O.S.G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/On-Site-Guide-Regulations-incorporating-Amendment/dp/1849192871/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y

It's midway down the right hand side as a gift card.

Trade-In List
You have selected to trade in Requirements for Electrical Installations: BS 7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011: IET Wiring Regulations for an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card of £21.86, depending on whether your submission meets the product eligibilitycriteria.
The trade-in items you added are displayed below. There are limits on how much you can trade in. You will receive payment for items that meet or exceed the product eligibility criteria. Your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card account will automatically be credited for accepted items. Learn more about Trade-In.

button_add_another._V185994009_.gif Item Quantity Condition Trade-In Value
Verify your book's ISBN number

For each book below, please click the "Verify ISBN" button to verify that your book's ISBN matches what we expect.

Item added on 9 February 2015
419pq1dhQfL._SL500_SX75_.jpg
ISBN Not Verified
  Good £21.86
Item added on 9 February 2015
41wbPkrqw6L._SL500_SX75_.jpg
ISBN Not Verified
  Good £9.67
Total 2   £31.53 Changed quantities or conditions? Press  to see the revised total.

Your order qualifies for Free Standard Delivery. (Some restrictions apply)

button_add_another._V185994009_.gif
Trade-in items are purchased by a third-party merchant.

robineverest

If we stop buying thier books, they will have to stop writing them. HAVE ALL THE ELECTRICIANS GONE ***** MAD, STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHY KEEP ON RE-INVENTING THE WHEEL?

kerching

I have NEVER chopped in any of my old Regs Books EVER

I have them from 14 th edn where the PIR was a MASSIVE DOUBLE sided sheet of A5! How times have changed!

Old Regs books are useful to refer back to for confirming the work was to standard WHEN it was done originally

Just hoarding

Joseph Howarth

I have NEVER chopped in any of my old Regs Books EVER

I have them from 14 th edn where the PIR was a MASSIVE DOUBLE sided sheet of A5! How times have changed!

Old Regs books are useful to refer back to for confirming the work was to standard WHEN it was done originally

Just hoarding

Don't worry kerching the library box has begun, though my collection only goes back to the first 17th red edition as that's when I started no doubt they'll be many more in the future for the loft  :shakehead

However

just checked, the red edition is worth £9.50  :slap

Edited by Joseph Howarth

ISSWWW

As promised here is our offer to the Membership for http://isswww.co.uk/the-iet-17th-edition-regulation-3rd-ammendment-bs-7671-2008-2015

Book       £55.00 net

Carriage   £2.50

Total       £57.50 net

Anyone wishing to take us up on this please call me in the office, please have a debit or credit card available so i can process the payment.

The office phone number is 01603 406148

We currently have 28 in stock, first come first serve.

Edited by megger mark

Evans Electric

I'd say thats an unbeatable price !!! :Salute

Murdoch

Will you be getting more?? and hats off to you guys for supporting the hard pressed spark.

None of the schemes have done this for us and they should all be ASHAMED.

Edited by Murdoch

Sharpend

So very true Murdoch, it just goes to show by how much the scams are scamming us if an INDEPENDANT such a MM can do the best deal. I'll bet the scams get the books at the same price as MM probably less if truth be known.

If I can cancel my current order then you can count me in.

What price can you do the OSG for MM?

ISSWWW

Will you be getting more?? and hats off to you guys for supporting the hard pressed spark.

None of the schemes have done this for us and they should all be ASHAMED.

We will be getting more, have sold quite a few prior to this offer.

So very true Murdoch, it just goes to show by how much the scams are scamming us if an INDEPENDANT such a MM can do the best deal. I'll bet the scams get the books at the same price as MM probably less if truth be known.

If I can cancel my current order then you can count me in.

What price can you do the OSG for MM?

Not sure at the moment, will sort out a cost tomorrow.

Murdoch

Is it possible to order online at this price?

Sidewinder

I doubt it Murdoch, forum offers normally go through Mark or one of his nominated guys who are aware of them.

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Fantastic price. I also would want a OSG & regs.