Big Yellow Book - Group Buy - Gauging Interest

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in .  Voted  no to the OSGs and whatever the other option is ,  if I HAVE to buy a regs book every 2 years  why do I  need an OSG that tells me what is in the Regs Book . 

You'd have thought that there would have been much more of a take up on this offer as surely all self employed electricians need a copy..... even employed electricians need a copy.... So remembering that this offer is open to all members, new and old (even interested DIYers) then 20 copies should be easy to achieve.....

however it seems that it isn't

Maybe, I only do offshore work now and most of that is on machines rather than electrical installation so probably a waste of time for me, and, if required the company generally pay for it. So unless I could get a proper VAT receipt it would possibly be a non starter, sorry :(

Have had both my BYB and GN1 and GN3 already delivered by the IET i pre-ordered my complete set GN1 - GN8 and both the BYB and OSG from them last november. Its worth becoming an IET member just for the discounts on all the literature they produce haha

Maybe, I only do offshore work now and most of that is on machines rather than electrical installation so probably a waste of time for me, and, if required the company generally pay for it. So unless I could get a proper VAT receipt it would possibly be a non starter, sorry :(
From what I know the forum can give invoices

At present there are reputable online book sellers offering IET (not EiT) BS7671 Amendment 3 book for far less delivered, and is currently in stock, I have ordered and received my copy from them.    

Comments from members about sticking with 14th edition so as they don't have to spend £85 every two years (even though you claim you are employed so the cost would surely be met by your employer?) on new books is great, a lot of my work comes from putting right the work you dinosaurs carry out, keep on installing to the 14th Edition, rectifying your work pays for my holidays and new vans.

I got all three  for a little over £100 as an individual, so I would have thought group buying ought to do better than that price I got. Kudos to the TEF for the idea however!

Once took part in a similar thing over energy (gas electric) purchasing -  saved very little if anything. The group negotion thing is the right way to go, just need to have 100's, perhaps thousands (depending on what it is ) and more  willing to  commit to be able to put the pressure on for a good price.

Anyway another Regs version will be out in another year.....its all a money making racket. ; -/

Latest posts