JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Alternative To 10Mm Cable Clips?

Blue Duck

Question

Blue Duck

forgive me I'm feeling a little dense today... got a shower job and the run is through a cupboard with hard brick wall and the space is very tight.

I don't fancy cable clips for this one. Is there a good alternative? got some p clips but they are only good for 6mm t&e.

I was thinking about a bit of tray :lol: but that might be a bit drastic!

kerching

i think you may have spelled that wrong...

I don't

If she is at Elex tomorrow I will attempt a selfie, but I feel she may not attend due to being "tied up elsewhere"

Blue Duck

Any chance you could get a hidden camera so us southerners can witness the heckling?

:)

steptoe

Wish ta **** I could attend,,,, 

Unfortunately I'm on a ****ed up week where jobs have been moved about continuously on me,   :(

kerching

Wish ta **** I could attend,,,, 

Unfortunately I'm on a ****ed up week where jobs have been moved about continuously on me,   :(

I know the feeling BUT I HAVE to go so I can TRY to get this fricking online fiasco sorted out, or NOT as the case may be

And then on to stir up some shyte on the NIC stand IF I can be arshed

Andy™

dont bother with clips, just leave it dangling

and how much space is there? enough to get a drill in? few 5.5 holes with half a 6mm dowel and the clips will go in very easily...

Bit of trunking?

kerching

Cable tie bases screwed to wall with appropriate ties?

Bit of trunking?

Just a thought or two

steptoe

yer, I would say trunking,

if there is no room for a drill, some gripfill,

make that the first thing you do, before you even unload the rest of your stuff,

that way it will have gone off enough by the time you get round to it,

quick tip, stick it on, take it off again, stick it back on, gets the air into the middle of it, goes off faster, (and stronger, apparently,)

kerching

Damnation.....beaten again.

Must learn to type quicker

Lets be honest the cr@p that people chuck in the back of cupboards a bit of mechanical protection wouldn't go amiss!

Evans Electric

Wot they sed !      Or drill & fix a strip of wood & clip to that .  

Only a Duck would think of tray !!  :innocent     But I know what you mean , sometimes you can't even clip into the joints , compo is that hard.

Or a nice bit of galv conduit........just to be safe........... :coat

kerching

6" galv trunking?....giving it that techno chic look

Andy™

or tell them to get a shower connected to the combi... much better than electric

Blue Duck

Thanks for all your replies :D wasn't expecting this many responses to such a mundane subject.

The board is in a cupboard about the width of a mantel unit ;) also got water pipes, soil pipes, some shoddy swa supply cable and gas pipes with a very wobbly gas meter hence my reluctance to go flailing hammers in there.

It will probably end up trunking but I'm becoming allergic to it as I spend so much time with the stuff, another reason for my reluctance is the walls are a little rough and uneaven and it may look shat but who cares?

I like some of your suggestions, Andy with the homemade pin plugs! :) Galv trunking or conduit would probably be a waste and rb never sold me his bender! :lol: a bit of wood would be a last resort! I can get the combi in there so can drill holes to my hearts desire :)

Also noticed in my quest to find larger p clips I found these https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/Dline_SD_CLIPS/index.html

Thanks again :D

Andy™

I like some of your suggestions, Andy with the homemade pin plugs! :)

noting wrong with that! ideal for cable clips, the nails are just too small for wall plugs

and just cable tie it to the pipe, but make it look like the plumber came later and fixed his pipe to your cable...

Blue Duck

I concur. it's very a good idea and I'm punching myself for not thinking of it before and there's no corner shop near by http://uk.farnell.com/tower/55pp/pin-plug-bx100/dp/611920

No pipes on this wall :(

Richard-the-ninth

Why not do it right.....................pyro and cable tray. :slap

(edited to get smiley to work)

Blue Duck

Got any 6mm pyro going spare?

Sidewinder

The Tower pin plugs work, ok it's a faff to have to drill & plug for a nail, but, it does work.

I carry a box of them in the van just in case!

Blue Duck

The Tower pin plugs work, ok it's a faff to have to drill & plug for a nail, but, it does work.

I carry a box of them in the van just in case!

A lot easier than banging cable clips into a hard brick wall IMO.

kerching

Just a thought

If you are in the shower AND there is a Fire AND you have to exit past the cupboard where the cable is....this will be an escape route.

And we all know what that will mean in a couple of weeks time, so, do the right thing and ..........

It may sound over the top, but think about it

Just saying

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Howabout 2,  5mm clips ?

Blue Duck

Just a thought

If you are in the shower AND there is a Fire AND you have to exit past the cupboard where the cable is....this will be an escape route.

And we all know what that will mean in a couple of weeks time, so, do the right thing and ..........

It may sound over the top, but think about it

Just saying

It was one of my concerns. Not really sure how to define "escape route" and neither can our so called industry leaders. :(

It will just become part of my daily routine but may not apply in this instance thankfully :C

went into medlocks today and asked if they had any trunking cable clips and they looked at me like I was mad :(

so that's going well then...

Andy™

and neither can our so called industry leaders. :(

we have a leader? i thought it was just a free for all run by the 5WW providers and rules made by LFB

Archived