Not Again!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're saying its a police only incident , no anti terrorist forces involved at this time .

But as they say , even with the security at "Critical " level  , one person or a small group can always get through .     CNN reported a bloke with "canisters" round his waist.  

I presume other places are the same but B,ham City Centre and various police stations here have  armed police out  since the Manchester incident . 

I'm surprised the police havn't been round here .    A West Indian guy I know is having his 60 th birthday party  further up the road , marquee in garden , the bass notes are moving the ground here 200 mtrs away .  

Last edited by a moderator:
three attackers - who were shouting "This is for Allah" - were shot dead by armed police within eight minutes of 999 calls.

What i want to know is, when the troubles were going on in ireland, willie whitelaw i "think" it was, brought in "internment" and ANYONE, [even 80 odd year old men merely suspected of having associated with any IRA members] were simply locked up without trial for as long as the government liked.

Why was it considered ok to do this to the irish, but not muslims???? Answer; The irish were not black enough....

john

brought in "internment
the biggest RECRUITING SERGEANT for the IRA, they ever had, Internment or to use its real name "Concentration camp" has never worked where ever it was used, South Africa during the Boer war,The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II, it just does not work. 

the biggest RECRUITING SERGEANT for the IRA, they ever had, Internment or to use its real name "Concentration camp" has never worked where ever it was used, South Africa during the Boer war,The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II, it just does not work. 

Yes, suppose you are right in what you say... well ok, you ARE right!!

john..

As some of you may know I have quite a few friends in the police, and was speaking to one recently, TM had been on tv after the Manchester bomb saying there would be lots of extra police in the streets. My friend had done a 16 hour shift, had 8 hours off and was back in again, all leave had been cancelled as had rest days, there were/are no extra police, just the usual one's working longer/more shifts.

That same week as the Manchester incident it was boiling hot round here, I was out shopping and decided to drop some ice lollies off at the local nick, come on we all like a lolly when it's hot,and boy does it get hot when you have all the kit on.

So i rocked up at the nick with 2 large boxes of ice lollies, presented myself at the desk and handed them over, " sorry mate, can't take them" said the officious oik on the desk, "take em away", "but they're for the lads, it's hot and I thought it would be nice" I replied, "no freezer, they'll melt" replied the oik.They have fridges and fridges have ice boxes, but sod it, so I'm now left with 2 boxes of lollies and they don't want them!

As I drive home I pass my local fire station, so I pull up to the gates and get out, one of the lads walks over, "can I help you mate? " he asks, "here take these" I reply handing him the ice lollies, he's curious to know why I'm bringing them to a fire station, the other lads are just packing in a training exercise and look hot and bothered."look mate it's 30 degrees, and I'm hot in a Tshirt, it's got to be roasting in all that kit,take them, no catch ,just a gift". He smiles, "cheers mate, much appreciated" then turning round shouts "hey lads, ice lollies", everyone waves and I drive off.

Anyway I've been dropping something off every Christmas at the local police and fire stations for a few years now, just a tin of chocolates, it shows you appreciate what they do. Apparently now, some prat high up in the police has stated they shouldn't accept gifts! One senior officer even sent a memo round the other day after the London incident, reminding officers who were on the job that they were NOT to accept drinks off the public, be it tea,coffee, or water! How pathetic is that, on the odd occasion we get police in our street they always get a brew, made what is know in the job as "nato standard" white with 2 sugars.Even the road workers repairing a pipe outside our house got drinks made, It's just being friendly.

I think it's wrong for anyone to expect the police to work ridiculous hours and not accept a drink, years ago everyone made them a brew, or a cold drink in summer, it was part of policing, you met the public and had a chat, being friendly like, you could learn a lot that way, now they don't want proper police they want robots, I'd like to see one of these desk jockey's with his aircon and coffee machine come and do a day on the front line, then we'd see how he felt about coppers taking drinks from the public.

I think not accepting drinks or food has come about from them not knowing what has been put in them.

If you were in that mind set you could've incapacitated most people at the station with your lollies. Daft I know but there are some sick people out there.

Thjats what I was thinking TBH .   The world of Sergeant Dixon of Dock Green are now gone forever  "evenin' all" and when I think about it  , in the film Brighton Rock. he ended his days being shot by a young crim.

Ressurected later for television .