How to become a qualify CCTV, Fire alarm, Intruder alarm ,Emergency lighting installe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikex79

Reaction score
hello everybody

I just wonder what should I do to become a qualified installer of:

1. CCTV - I mean to be able to install certified cctv systems that would be connected to police etc , that i would be able to do big jobs for comanies

2. Intruder alarms - same like above, certified installations etc

3. fire alarms - as above

4. emergency lighting

do I need to be a qualified electrician 2330 or NVQ3 to do it or i need to finish any particular course to get qualified or i need them two.

Is there anybody in the industry already that would direct me to the right path as I am just about to finish my 2330 level 3 and sit my 17th edition exam. I have 2 years experince as an electrician's mate and some experience in installing cctv and intruder alarms but I would like to become a qualified installer of all above so also if you know please post tha names of courses that i need to do regarding my question

do you know any training centres/colleges in London where i can get this qualifications?

regards

I would like to add that you see many companies on the market that gives you training and some certificates or diplomas but which one is the right one , which one is an approved training centre? what to pay attention to while choosing the education centre and the course?

1: not sure - but someone should be able to help

2: - you will need to know BSEN50131 - and be registered with someone like SSAIB

3: you will need to know BS 5389 - many people use a fire alarm co to design/commission a system and they install it

4: BS 5266 - as above for design/commission

for 3 & 4, a good knowledge of 7671 & relevant quals would be useful

hello everybodyI just wonder what should I do to become a qualified installer of:

1. CCTV - I mean to be able to install certified cctv systems that would be connected to police etc , that i would be able to do big jobs for comanies

2. Intruder alarms - same like above, certified installations etc

3. fire alarms - as above

4. emergency lighting

do I need to be a qualified electrician 2330 or NVQ3 to do it or i need to finish any particular course to get qualified or i need them two.

Is there anybody in the industry already that would direct me to the right path as I am just about to finish my 2330 level 3 and sit my 17th edition exam. I have 2 years experince as an electrician's mate and some experience in installing cctv and intruder alarms but I would like to become a qualified installer of all above so also if you know please post tha names of courses that i need to do regarding my question

do you know any training centres/colleges in London where i can get this qualifications?

regards
blimey thats a big opening shot! :eek:

too late for my brain to get round that lotGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

but will say....

helloooooo!

and welcome to the madhouse:Y:xB-)

I guess you may need to hold on a while for the more constructive answers to come back........

but they will come I am sure.....

If Deke, GH & co stop takin us down memory lane..Blushing

You had better just grab a few beers Mike79...

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

and have a little look around while you wait!

:D :)

Hello & Welcome Mike.
oh ek!

be good boys (and girls)

stand by your beds...

kit inspection..

Admins here! :eek: :O

shouldn't you be...

motorising another part of your shed or

torquing your nuts or

getting some late night fuel or

plastering a bedroom or

wrapping up Mrs Admins easter egg?????

Admin? :p ; \ ]:) ;)

You don't need any qualifications to fit CCTV or Intruder alarms, you do need to own a company that is either SSAIB or NSI registered though.

Google both the above and I'm sure you will find the entry requirements but it's more than just a qualification. They need to assess your capability to install and maintain to the right standards and that you have proper admin systems and insurance.

People who offer out security contracts are very similar to those with electrical contracts. They look for members of a given scheme. Basically NACOSS is the NICEIC and SSAIB is the NAPIT. That should put into easier terms for ya. Look at the requesits of these and get yourself made a member. All that is left is to get your name out there. But thats the same with anything really.

To actually install intruder, etc. You dont need any quals. Just the relevant insurance cover and paper trails.

id say you`d defo need a fibre optic course for the CCTV, as all the big contracts like town/city system are wired in it because you get no loss over miles n miles of cabe.

Hi All,

For the intruder, CCTV & Emergency Lighting side there are a few independant companies that offer courses. Then for intruder you have to register with NSI or SSAIB which is a big task!!

Fire you really need to train with the FIA formally the BFPSA + you need lots of experience.

Hop this helps,

Adam

Hi All,For the intruder, CCTV & Emergency Lighting side there are a few independant companies that offer courses. Then for intruder you have to register with NSI or SSAIB which is a big task!!

Fire you really need to train with the FIA formally the BFPSA + you need lots of experience.

Hop this helps,

Adam
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum.

Why not introduce yourself to the madhouse :^O

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4