dodgy combi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my combi boiler dont give me continuos hot water. it will either be cold(as in normal cold tap) or go to hot as in not able to hold your hands under it.

will do this in regular 30sec to 1min intervals. you cant run a bath off it as water not hot enough.

radiators are piping hot with no issues, hot water only, doesnt matter what setting temp dial is on.

have had the thermistor or something in the internal pipework changed, NO difference.

would the matrix thingy be gone?

would I be cheaper just to replace? driving 7 rads in a 2&1/2 bed semi.

would I be cheaper to get a new boiler, it was here when I moved in just over a year ago.

BTW, its a "MAIN COMBI 24"

thanks,

Albert.

service the diverter valve sound like the diaphram is split, fairly easy to do and a common fault on the main/baxi boilers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/105e-Diverter-Valve-(248062)-Repair-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQimsfpZTL090428134001r30813QQimsxZ20090428QQitemZ200336358506QQsalenotsupported

or go to ur local boiler spares cost u a tenner and 20 mins of your day.

but if your feeling flush upgrade it to a 28 he as the 24 is to small for you really we fit these in flats and small dwellings.

my choice would be the baxi 28 platinum with a 5 year warranty.

believe it or not it fits on the same jig as the main but i think the flue is a little to the right rather than in the middle.

you could actually do a straight swop in less than 2 hrs.

thats for the rads isn't it...not the Hot water?
My mum has a combi and nothing works when pressure low.........

yea I suppose it is Blushing

I wish I had a boiler to worry about........

My mum has a combi and nothing works when pressure low.........yea I suppose it is Blushing

I wish I had a boiler to worry about........
Yep Mine is the same and the installer used one feed from the boiler (despite the boiler having 2 loops) for both CH and HW so on mine if the pressure is low its lost them both.

Ian.

I've just swapped out my old worcester... unique in its design... no divertor valve, just two pumps!

After spending nearly 200 quid trying to fix it, I cut my losses and bought a new boiler... a nice vaillant 837 plus unit :D

O.