help regards Vaillant VRC700f set up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmapp8306

Reaction score
Hi,

Just after a little advice.  I had a new boiler and VRC700f control installed last week - but TBH the engineer didnt really know the product, and Vaillant themselves havent been that helpful.

1.  Is there a way of calibrating the thermostat?  I have a good quality room stat (that I used with the last setup where the thermostat was in the hallway) and a backup.  Both of these read 22 deg, while the VRC is reading 23.5.    At the end of the day its only a number, and if its too cold =- turn it up and if its just right then its right - but it kind of gets to me how far out the reading seems to be.

2.  Should I use the adaptive heat curve?  both the installer, and Vaillant left this as no - but I cant help feeling its there to fine tune the defaults to the building its in - why put it there if its noy usefull?  so - yes or no.

3.  heat curve.  installer set it to 1.8, vaillant to 2.3.  I am an advocate of lower temperature radiators but on for longer (gentler raises and falls in the room temp and more economical) but it needs to be high enough to heat the room quite quickly from the set back temp.  So guidance here would be helpful.

4.  Should I use set-back or the default Eco for the auto off mode.

5 - and finally, should I leave the room temp mod at the installer/Vaillant set "thermostat" or follow advice Ive read and use "temp mod" instead.

anyway - thanks in advance for any help/advice given.

Yeh,  I have a good quality electronic thermometer, and also an old fashioned "mercury" styke one.  They both say the same (as does an app on my phone as well), but the 700f is a couple of degrees hotter.

More concerning today, temp is set to 21.5 deg, 700f is measuring 24.5 - and the radiators are on full blast........