Plug socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nellynb

Reaction score
Hi I have removed an electric wall mounted fan heater from the wall in the kitchen , it has left a small length of cable which is attached to a on of switch ,I want to know if it's OK to fit a wall plug socket to this  cable to use for a fridge ? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Hi I have removed an electric wall mounted fan heater from the wall in the kitchen , it has left a small length of cable which is attached to a on of switch ,I want to know if it's OK to fit a wall plug socket to this  cable to use for a fridge ? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forum, If the wiring was correct capacity for the fan heater, it is most likely perfectly suitable to work a fridge. Can you find the power ratings of each device, either on the appliance or in the instructions? And for you own peace of mind you should be able to see that the power consumption of the fridge (in watts) is less than the power consumption of the fan heater.  The time to panic is when the power needed for the new appliance is bigger than the old item you have removed.

Doc H.