Turn light automatically on through vibration sensor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni from AT

Reaction score
Hi,

Being a firefighter I have got a pager which vibrates. I’d like to turn on a light automatically through a vibration sensor when it detects vibration (the pager vibrates when alarmed). The light should turn off after some time and it should be also possible to use the light normally (switch on/off manually).

Could anybody help me with this? Thank you a lot in advance!!

Oh  Blimey !!     

I can only think on two ways ....others will probably be more helpful  .

My idea is fairly poor and convoluted  , theres probably a Chinese gizmo  that does this . 

Place the pager on a small metal plate -- under the plate is a domestic alarm system  window vibration sensor  ( 12V)   ---  pager activates the sensor  which operates a 12V  latching relay  which switches a light on   ---light is cancelled manually  when responding to alarm .     Light can also be wired to switch on/off manually .

Another method could  be to utilize a  warning  panel for the deaf  .    These are  sometimes  wired to flash the house  lights  when the doorbell is rung  and also if a smoke alarm  goes off.  

The signal from the pager could do the same  with just an  8 --  12V   signal. ,  possibly , maybe .  

Last edited by a moderator: