Installing a switch and light at the end of a downlight circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavman

Reaction score
I have 6 x GU5.3 low voltage down lights controlled from a single switch in my office. Each down light has its own transformer. I want to ask an electrician to add a 240v double spot light with its own switch at the end of the existing daisy chain as per the attached picture. (the double spotlights will shine onto my work desk and I want to be able to turn them off without switching off all the down lights). The daisy chain is 240v and I am simply using the final switch to control the final light. Please see the attached for what I hope to have done. Any thoughts?
downlight-wiring-gif.54313

Welcome to the forum mate.

You can do what you want but the end light will only come on when the other light switch is turned on, by the look of it in your diagram.

If you want it to come on independent of the other lights then you need to find a permanent feed to your new light and light switch.

If you want you could also go for a wireless switch for the new light, then you could have this switch on your desk.