Help !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly816

Reaction score
I have lights going up my stairs ( on the side )and this morning they have stopped working any suggestions??? Can the bulbs be replaced or  should I replace the fuse 

Sometimes when a bulb (lamp) blows it will trip the breaker, try replacing the bulb first, reset the breaker if it is tripped, if it trips right away or the bulb fails to light get a sparky in to check things out.

Ahh well read Binky, I read it as wall lights in the stair well you may be right it may be lights in the risers or stringers.

The likelyhood is that these are a built in lamp and are probably non replaceable. You’ll need to locate the driver if they have all failed and replace that more than likely. 

Sorry I’m such a helpless female is that the plastic boxes the cables run in to ?

Sorry I’m such a helpless female is that the plastic boxes the cables run in to ?
More than likely.  Do,the wires plug into it OR just disappear inside it?

if they just plug in then by trial and error....plug unplug each one to,ascertain which one is moody

mark which it plugs into

plug one that WORKS into,it

if this works then lamp has gone

if not then the box is faulty

if so,are there any spare sockets on it?

Ok update the box is wobbly on wall if you wiggle it the lights come on ? Definitely the box ? But what ???? 

Oh I don’t know it’s a nightmare kid’s rely on it and I can’t get an electrician at this time to come out