Black Friday Huh !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be £300,,,, but do they have stock?
Good point. I was after a chest freezer and currys had one at a good price and said on the ebay advert they had some in stock so I ordered and paid for one. Got all the usual correspondence then 3 days later get a message that my order has been cancelled as theres no stock and nothing like it either. Not impressed and they will be getting neg feedback.

When you got to the shop the story would be, " Sorry sir, those have been sold, but we do have this newer model at a bargain offer price of £600".   

Every chance the cheap offer was the demonstration one which has been running on the shop wall 12 hours a day for 12 months.

there was something on telly about this and there have been calls for Currys/PC World to have to honour their Black Friday prices to everyone who tried to order stuff and was told it was out of stock.

It reminds me of that joke about the fella who has been all over town looking to buy a new power tool, every shop that has them wants around the 150 quid mark, eventually he finds one shop and the guy tells him that they sell them and they're currently 50 quid, the fella is delighted and says he'll take one, the shopowner tells him they're out of stock until next week so the guy says it's fine, he'll order one. in that case that'll be £150 says the shop owner, the guy asks what happened to the original price of £50, and the shop owner replies, "well, they're always that price when they're out of stock"