DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

need advice please

chrishornby

Question

Hello again...

I'm fitting a sound limiter which has a contactor which cuts the power to the sound rig. The rig is on a 60A mcb, straight from the board to a commando socket in 16mm. Usually this contactor cuts power to sockets which is fine but in this case I'm confused.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

7 answers to this question

then put contactor on feed cable. but are you sure its a good idea to put it on the feed? id imagine the electronics inside wont like being turned off like that often

Sorry Andy, didn't explain properly, just re-read. Sound limiter comes with a pre-assembled contactor with the electronics in but it is 32amp normally fine when i just need to control the sockets. Obviously much different now with the 60A mcb and 16mm cable.

Can you help?

then mod it with either a larger contactor or use that contactor to feed a larger contactor in the 16mm

ok, did think of changing the contactor but this unit has a 32amp fuse(looks like a mcb) next to the contactor. Do I need a fuse for the 60amp contactor and secondly will 16mm cable fit into a 60amp contactor. It won't in the contactor unit supplied.

if you have an external contactor you do not feed to put a fuse on the incoming cable. depends on the contactor, some will take a 16mm

Cool, thanks.I'll probably modify then. The one I'm looking at takes upto 25mm. Does 4 pole make a difference, can I use it as a 2 pole?

Does 4 pole make a difference, can I use it as a 2 pole?

you can link 2 terminals together, but if the contactor is rated to the current, its no real benefit

Archived