DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Double Dimmer Switch

m4tty

Question

Hi,

Just wondered what rating dimmer to use. Each dimmer is going to run 5 x GU50's so 250W each dimmer.

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

The one that Batty said about in above post is the one I used in the end from Sfx. It said inside No De-Rating required as per what Batty said. I think it may be something that has to be done with Halogen light but im sure someone will come along with a better answer than mine

cheers

The one that Batty said about in above post is the one I used in the end from Sfx. It said inside No De-Rating required as per what Batty said. I think it may be something that has to be done with Halogen light but im sure someone will come along with a better answer than mine

cheers

How did if fit? I've used one of those before and it was very tight fit, not so much depth but the size of the dimmer is huge. The box I was putting it into had 4 lugs and i had to somehow get rid of the vertical ones to get it in.

Gu10 dimmers need derating but 50% so you would need to use 2 x 500 watt. Some dimmers don't need derating the ones screwfix sell made by halolite don't I know.

Batty

Archived