What is the difference between a distribution circuit and a final circuit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyjo

Reaction score
What is the difference between a distribution circuit and a final circuit?

Thanks. x

What is the difference between a distribution circuit and a final circuit?Thanks. x
Distribution is to a second board, etc.

Final circuit doesn't feed anything else.

I haven't worded that in the best of ways, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

What is the difference between a distribution circuit and a final circuit?Thanks. x
Welcome to the world of posting Sammyjo. As the others have said, distribution circuits supply power to other final circuits whereas final circuits only supply final loads such as lights, sockets, showers, cookers etc. Most typical domestic installations have one distribution circuit coming into the Fusebox (or Consumer unit or Distribution board) and the cables going out of the fusebox are final circuits. Larger commercial installations can have multiple distribution boards and many distribution circuits.

Doc H.

As described up there ^^^

Welcome to the forum SammyJo.

It's good to have you on-board.

:D

Admin.

Hello Sammyjo...

you been Lurking long! :eek: :O:O

anyway... any questions like this your best first port of call is Part 2 of BS7671..

Definitions.. starts on page 20 to page 36..

'Distribution circuits' can be found on page 23.. (top of the page)

This also points out that Distribution circuits are sometimes know as Sub-Main.

'Final circuit' can be found on page 24 (8 up from the bottom)

:coffee

Latest posts