Central Heating Wiring - Plumber wired incorrectly?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use the Honeywell wiring box, their wiring centres sound great in theory but don't work out any better in practice. The wiring box has entries all round too, whereas the wiring centre only has two slots on the bottom edge.

From your replies it sounds like you did have a Y plan before. Have you checked the grey and white are the right way round?

With a y plan valve needs 6 wires, did he fit wrong head looks like you have a doubled up connection in joint box or am I seeing things.

Admin,

I think your issues may be difficult to solve on the forum due to the possible variations in wiring.

Starting from scratch may be useful.

BTW, that looks like the inside of my Airing cupboard too!

Gis a shout if you need help.

Admin do you have anywhere where I can upload a folder or 5 seperate pdfs? I have 5 good pdf's from honeywell on different plans.

Look at what you've got match it up to the relevant plan and freshly wire. Then you can eliminate the wiring from the problems.

I always use the Honeywell wiring box, their wiring centres sound great in theory but don't work out any better in practice. The wiring box has entries all round too, whereas the wiring centre only has two slots on the bottom edge.From your replies it sounds like you did have a Y plan before. Have you checked the grey and white are the right way round?
I noticed that they only had the cable entry points at the base. :(

Admin do you have anywhere where I can upload a folder or 5 seperate pdfs? I have 5 good pdf's from honeywell on different plans.Look at what you've got match it up to the relevant plan and freshly wire. Then you can eliminate the wiring from the problems.
Our "Dowmloads Area" mate - Thanks. (Link at the top the page - in the Blue Navigation Bar - Navbar).

I will upload some more pics now. I have some of the pump, And there is a thermo attached to the side of the copper Cylinder tank, Another SFCU...

As you can see - these are in the bottom cupboard which I haven't been in...

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

from the 3prt valve

white is to your t stat or ch-on terminal at yr programmer

grey should b to yr hw-off terminal

orange sends a live to yr boiler and pump which is why the red and orange are together as they used to be fed separately in the original valve.

the pump n boiler also gets a feed from the water cyl stat when the temp goes down to warm the cyl back up for hot water demand.

how many cores come from the valve? if its 3 you've got a w plan. 5 and your on a y plan.

EDIT* just looked at the JB your on a y plan.

Eat your words KME. No need for being snide, especially when you're wrong.

Honeywell V4044C diverter valve for W plans - 3 cores only, brown, blue and g/y. It opens one or other output port according to whether it's energised or not.

You'll find the spec on page 4.20 of Honeywells Catalogue Issue 10.

Eat your words KME. No need for being snide, especially when you're wrong.
I wasn`t being "snide" mate - I thought that may have been the "W" to which reference was made - My mistake, ok? :coat

Honeywell V4044C diverter valve for W plans - 3 cores only, brown, blue and g/y. It opens one or other output port according to whether it's energised or not.

You'll find the spec on page 4.20 of Honeywells Catalogue Issue 10.
Thankyou. I was not aware of that. Appreciated. :coat

Specs what would a system with five 2 port valves be called is it a s plan plus plus plus plus that is the sytem I am working on at present.

Specs what would a system with five 2 port valves be called is it a s plan plus plus plus plus that is the sytem I am working on at present.
I think I would call it "Eric"....

Eric is a nice name! :^O :^O

Call it what you want IMHO! :innocent :x

that is the advantage of 2port valves you can easily expand as big as you want. :D

Guinness

Latest posts