Central Heating Wiring - Plumber wired incorrectly?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Admin resolved his heating problem yet?And if so, what was it?
had a look at the wiring Yesterday - But that is about it. I will have a look when the kids go back to school, at some point.

Job Done. :)

Now, I now this isn't the neatest of my wiring (I have done and normally do, a lot better :) )...

Job Done. :) Now, I now this isn't the neatest of my wiring (I have done and normally do, a lot better :) )...
Well done Admin. As we like to say on this forum don't be afraid to ask, there are no daft questions. I wouldn't worry about the wiring, so long as your hot water & heating are back to normal. I presume you can have that bath now?

Doc H.

It worked before Doc, It is just when "Water Only" was selected, we had the Heating come on with it. :_|

And even with everything off, it would come on itself (Not on timer).

So far, so good. :)

Thanks to you guys and Special Location - Who was Fab.

Best Regards,

Admin.

It worked before Doc, It is just when "Water Only" was selected, we had the Heating come on with it. :_| Admin.
Heating coming on as well as water! With this weather the Admin household must have been like a sauna?

Doc H.

Heating coming on as well as water! With this weather the Admin household must have been like a sauna?Doc H.
It was indeed, Doc. :(

did you find out the reason why it was working like that, im looking at one next week so any heads up would help.

cheers wayne

did you find out the reason why it was working like that, im looking at one next week so any heads up would help.cheers wayne
Hello Wayne,

I knew from the start that the plumber had incorrectly wired it, when he changed the Mid position Vlave. The wiring, in general, was so bad, (Before the plumber touched it) that it had to redone properly anyway.

What is the problem with the one that you have to go and see next week, Mate?

For some systems this is normal i.e. Gravity hot water and pumped heating.

Most 2 channel programmers have switch on back to preset for Gravity OR fully pumped system.

So it maybe ment to be like that OR preset maybe set wrong OR a fault.

Monkey5: I forgot to add that the Cylinder Thermostat was U/S too, it was throwing out 55v and 57v when it was supposed to be 0v.

The temerature dial on the top was also U/S.

I don't know if anyone can answer this one quickly on this thread seeing as it's about the same sort of thing?

(wasn't sure wether to start a new thread?)

I have just moved a programmer & it's spur. I'd written down where the cables were wired into, now I'm not sure if I did it correctly, since then the things not been working properly!!

The programmer is a British gas UP1 the modern equivalent is a Drayton Lfestyle dual programmer I think it's an LP112?

Can anyone help please?

usually 123 are live neutral earth might be park the earth only.

check the back of the clock to see a basic digram usually 3 hot water and five heating on. there should be 2 wires left one goes to 3 an one to five ... try then if no go isilatwe and swop with wires round .

hard to diagnos with out seeing it first hand .

From left to right the terminals go.

N L 1 2 3

L & N are the feed from the spur.

Another cable also went L & N.

A third cable went N & 1.

A fourth cable, Yellow to 2, & Blue went to 3.

Is this correct?

No, I wish I had taken one now!!.

I can get one tomorrow of how it is wired now if that helps?

thanks

This is a photo of the programmer wiring, I hope someone can help.

When the programmer is in the off position & domestic hot water cools down, the boiler kicks in till the water is up to temperature, but if I switch the programmer to the on position the boiler stops.

CIMG0745.jpg

CIMG0745.jpg

Latest posts