Panel Board Supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Afternoon.

I hope everyone is well and keeping busy.

Quick question.

What's the best method of taking meter tails into a panelboard, to maintain ip rating etc.??

Cheers

GS

is it single phase or three phase & whats the distance from meter & what size cable/load

Thanks for your replys.

It's in a switchroom, so no water etc. I just dont want to end up with a huge hole in the bottom of the panel compromising IP rating of the board.

The tails are 95mm, 300A 3 phase supply, cutout 2 metres away.

We will need to take the cables into the board together, to avoid any issues with eddy currents.  

So rather than use glands, possibly large slot in the gland plate, with paxoline in between, 25mm holes drilled into paxoline for each tail?

Cheers

GS

If the gland plate is non ferrous don't think you will have problems with eddy currents, as mentioned above brass gland plate will work.

In that case I usually replace the gland plate with a Tufnol sheet .

Drill 4 holes ( 20-25mm) in line with the connections  ...then saw the sheet in half , down it's length ...through the middle of the 4 holes .

Fit the rear plate ... fit tails .. fit front half of plate .

Drill 4 holes ( 20-25mm) in line with the connections  ...then saw the sheet in half , down it's length ...through the middle of the 4 holes .

+1

I like the simple things in life,  :D

I have done the same on quite a few large jobs when i was in maintenance,

It makes life a whole lot easier.