1361 fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PME, yes its their cut out fuse.....the db is remote from the cut out, other side of the utility for what its worth. Put the type s on to protect the tails the best I can..... final circuits well below and with 30ma

.BS 1361 fuse 80amp, cant see any max Zs so looked in appendix 1 for the change in number/what its now referred as, still come up trumps.....

So my question is, what do BS number do BS 1361 fuses fall under?

Why don't you just look online and find the information you require?

BS7671 isn't the be all and end all!

PME, yes its their cut out fuse.....the db is remote from the cut out, other side of the utility for what its worth. Put the type s on to protect the tails the best I can..... final circuits well below and with 30ma

having a 30mA on a TN system does NOT negate the requirement of max Zs

all this baloney of 1667 when a 30mA RCD is fitted refers ONLY to a TT system, as per the regs table,

you can of course deviate if you wish.

having a 30mA on a TN system does NOT negate the requirement of max Zs

all this baloney of 1667 when a 30mA RCD is fitted refers ONLY to a TT system, as per the regs table,

you can of course deviate if you wish.

so having final circuits that are well below the max Zs for disconnection time of 0.4s.....

WOW handbags......for what its worth I did do a search and I have already seen your link numerous times, little seeds can sometimes grow. I thought this was a friendly forum rather than people jumping down necks....BS7671 maybe not be the be all and end all but its a fact we need to adhere to it, do we not?

where is Steptoe?

Why do you frequent forums?

In a futile attempt at fighting amateurism and the lame mindset that seems to exist these days, "Oh, I don't know know something, I'll ask on social media."

Rather than exercising a bit of intelligence and initiative, and researching the information oneself.  It's pathetic, you've got the whole world of information at ones fingertips!

WOW handbags......for what its worth I did do a search and I have already seen your link numerous times, little seeds can sometimes grow. I thought this was a friendly forum rather than people jumping down necks....BS7671 maybe not be the be all and end all but its a fact we need to adhere to it, do we not?

where is Steptoe?

It absolutely is a friendly forum. Great bunch on here. Don't let one member leave that impression on you. 

On on the other hand a forum is made by many members with many different views. So as long as a member stays within those rules then their position on things should be allowed to be posted.  :Salute

In a futile attempt at fighting amateurism and the lame mindset that seems to exist these days, "Oh, I don't know know something, I'll ask on social media."

Rather than exercising a bit of intelligence and initiative, and researching the information oneself.  It's pathetic, you've got the whole world of information at ones fingertips!

I would not consider a forum set up for a very niche market as being 'social media' myself. 

For or as long as humans have been able to speak they have asked fellow humans for advice. You really need to get over yourself. You are not usually this much of a courgette. 

I did fight my own AMATEURISM and used my pathetic lack of intelligence to do a search after using my lack of knowledge to look through the regs before exercising the use of social media to try and get the answer after realising it was right there infront off me so the whole world of information was not needed after all. My pathetic lack of understanding consequently left me being insulted by a super intelligent oracle.

0.54 is to high for disconnection maybe?

Disconnection of what? The service fuse? That is not your problem as it is not protecting any part of the installation. If the DNO have said it is ok then it will disconnect in the required time according to their standards, which is all it needs to do.

If the tails specifically require fault protection then you need to install a suitable fuse or circuit breaker. 

Wjen you you say the CU is the other side of the room, how long are the tails, what type of cable has been used for the tails and how are they installed?

Disconnection of what? The service fuse? That is not your problem as it is not protecting any part of the installation. If the DNO have said it is ok then it will disconnect in the required time according to their standards, which is all it needs to do.

If the tails specifically require fault protection then you need to install a suitable fuse or circuit breaker. 

Wjen you you say the CU is the other side of the room, how long are the tails, what type of cable has been used for the tails and how are they installed?
The service fuse doesn't protect any part of the installation.....so lets just say the said consumer unit is next to the cut out,what protects the tails from the meter to the consumer unit under fault conditions?

As I see it, according to esqcr reg 24 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/2665/regulation/24/made DNOs cutout need only protect equipment which is not owned by the consumer eg meter. They give a dispensation, usually around 3meters depending on DNO, where they say devices for fault current protection can be omitted, in accordance with 434.3 (iv), since the cutout will afford the protection. Beyond this limit, the consumer should provide their own protection, usually a switchfuse of same rating as the cutout. 

The service fuse doesn't protect any part of the installation.....so lets just say the said consumer unit is next to the cut out,what protects the tails from the meter to the consumer unit under fault conditions?

Pas far as the theoretical world of the regulations is concerned then I guess the answer is that nothing protects them.

obviously in reality the service fuse will operate.

Yes it amazes me some of the things that go on these days,on that how not to diy programme there was a bloke who'd tried to fix a coat rack to a studded wall,he'd just used ordinary rawlplugs and screws and it fell off,so he did it again and it fell off,again! Now us older ones will remember that years ago when you moved into a house,someone would give you a diy manual,anyone remember the Readers Digest one? the big black binder with the clip on it,well if it wasn't in the book then you had to find a friendly tradesman at work or somewhere else who'd tell you how to do whatever it was that you were having difficulty with.Now we have the internet and you can find out anything within a matter of minutes,yet more people are botching things up than ever before,obviously common sense has gone out of the window.