1361 fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where does 411.4.4 and 531.3.1 come in?
I will have a go.

531.3.1 is relevant to only part of a TN system, ie to a certain piece of equipment. it is not relevant to the origin of the installation (531.4.1 refers to the "origin" in TT systems)

You have fitted a TD 100mA rcd just downstream of the meter. This does not provide shock protection, overload protection nor fault protection between L and N. It only gives some protection against fire. 411.4.4 says if an RCD is used in a TN system an ocpd is also required. The DNO's ocpd can't be used to "protect" your cable if over 3metres. You will have to fit your own.

I will have a go.

531.3.1 is relevant to only part of a TN system, ie to a certain piece of equipment. it is not relevant to the origin of the installation (531.4.1 refers to the "origin" in TT systems)

You have fitted a TD 100mA rcd just downstream of the meter. This does not provide shock protection, overload protection nor fault protection between L and N. It only gives some protection against fire. 411.4.4 says if an RCD is used in a TN system an ocpd is also required. The DNO's ocpd can't be used to "protect" your cable if over 3metres. You will have to fit your own.

thanks @Rob_the_rich

thats sort of what I was thinking,

but had no idea of the reg, and really had better stuff to be doing than going to the van for my book.

I found a post on the iet forum about Ze readings and the DNO

EDFs maximum figure for 100A supplies with a BS161 fuse is 0.38 ohms.

For 80A 0.52Ohms
For 60A 0.73 Ohms
For 45A 1 Ohms
For 30A 1.92 Ohms
For 20A 2.93 Ohms
For15A 5.22 Ohms
For 5A 17.1 Ohms.         

so your 0.54 reading for 80A does seem ok.

I have a green one,

:red card
Sounds painful, you should get someone to inspect that fpr you.

If you have two 80A fuses in series, as in this case, and the consumer's one blows, the DNO's one would surely be damaged to the point of nearly breaking. Does anyone contact the DNO to suggest replacement?