17th edition

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
I had my elecsa assessment 2 weeks ago (passed again phwww) but i need to show proof i have booked my 17th edition exam within 45 days as when they assessed me last year they told me i had to have it before they come again next year but i totally forgot about it.

Anyways, anyone know of a cheap place in Lancashire to take the exam? i only need the one day course and then the exam i think.

thanks.

3 day is the short course mr B
are you sure? i know of others who have only had to do a 1 day update course then sit the exam, in-fact my elecsa assessor said i will only need the one day course, is he tellin me porkies?

I am almost certain that there are 1 day courses available - I am pretty sure I was talking to a spark on here about it?

well its poss to just sit the exam if you can find somewhere that will do it

but the 2 courses where meant to be 10 week and 3 days

they try and get the 3 days because they can charge more i suspect

typically what suits you be it cost or time are usually not local :pray

the nominal guide hours from city&guilds for the course was 24

I am almost certain that there are 1 day courses available - I am pretty sure I was talking to a spark on here about it?
I think what You mean is the update course . the exam is 30 questions over 1 hour . I will need to book my place very soon .

1 day course is for those who have passed 16th
Not strictly true - the one day update is for people who passed the 16th Ed after a certain date.

There is NO requirement to take any course on the regs - you only have to pass the exam. It is illegal under European Law to require you to purchase training without the "exam only" option.

Of course the scams would rather that you were not made aware of this fact since they care more about the money they can make than the ability of their members. :eek:

Hi I'm new to this site just wanting to no if I have 2360 pt1 pt2 2351 all 8 units NVQ3 + AM2 do I only need the update course?? any replies will be greatly appreciated

Hi I'm new to this site just wanting to no if I have 2360 pt1 pt2 2351 all 8 units NVQ3 + AM2 do I only need the update course?? any replies will be greatly appreciated
Have you got 16th and if so when did you pass it. As I'm sure if you passed it before a certain date you need to do the 4 day course. It's easy and if you can reference a book you'll pass it mate.