2 way lighting circuit diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says I have exceeded my daily download amount. I have never downloaded anything.
Sorry Patch,

I have set your permissions now - and you will be able to view all downloads and well as uploads. (I changed your usergroup to enable you and onloy you, to have that RCVS logo. :)

I couldn't see the make on the Fuse box or ceiling rose...

PLEASE include all manufactures logo's on any further attemps...

the forum does have standards to maintain! :p :D

]:)

:coat

I couldn't see the make on the Fuse box or ceiling rose...PLEASE include all manufactures logo's on any further attemps...

the forum does have standards to maintain! :p :D

]:)

:coat
:_|

Here Mate, Let me get that for you... :coat

Sorry Patch,I have set your permissions now - and you will be able to view all downloads and well as uploads. (I changed your usergroup to enable you and onloy you, to have that RCVS logo. :)
Still not able to do it. I tried signing out and clearing cookies

:(

electrical etiquete would be to use the brown of the three core to link the commons on the switches. it is not a reg but an unwritten rule
Never heard of that. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Using "old" colors, I'd say the most common method wiring this way (rather than the traditional method) was to use red on L1 (or L2) with the red live feed, then blue on L2 (or L1) with the black (sleeved red) switch return, and yellow joining the commons. That would translate into the new colors as on the diagram. I've seen just about every permutation, but that's the most common by far in my experience.

Never heard of that. Maybe it's a regional thing? Using "old" colors, I'd say the most common method wiring this way (rather than the traditional method) was to use red on L1 (or L2) with the red live feed, then blue on L2 (or L1) with the black (sleeved red) switch return, and yellow joining the commons. That would translate into the new colors as on the diagram. I've seen just about every permutation, but that's the most common by far in my experience.
Regional as in 'Norfolk'? Sounds about right!

Seriously though, I have seen yellow as common a couple of times, but red in thousands more instances up and down the land.

Yes I can download it in IE(looks lovely BTW, very professional!)
You were trying to view in in FF previously, Yes?

I know there is currently a bug in FF.

Regional as in 'Norfolk'? Sounds about right!
Norfolk, Lincolnshire, and Cornwall.

Red in the commons for 2-ways wired the traditional method, with yellow (or white) & blue as the travelers, but red in L1 or L2 with the red feed using the "conversion" method.

Ultimately though, any combination is correct to the regs. so long as properly sleeved at the terminations.

I have FF 3.5.3 and it works in there too.

Thats brilliant admin! Must have taken you an age in paint. I will be eagerly waiting for the 2 way and intermediate. Nice one!