2015 Budget And The Self Employed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for NHS / social services and things are getting tight. We actually save the NHS a shiteload of money but they are ditching contracts like hot dog poo as they try to combine services to save money.

things are set to get worse down here and the most vulnerable people will suffer.

no career politicians or merchant bankers will even notice.

some councils are facing cuts of 50% or more, especially oop North.

:(
Except PFI, which is where MASSIVE waste occurs. 

PFI = Pay For It (many times)

The last 2 Governments should have done capital projects to replace schools and hospitals - but no, they would "add" to the Government debt, whereas PFI is an ongoing "cost" and isn't viewed as debt.

Madness!

I think the NHS needs a good clear out, whenever I'm at the hospital I see a lot of staff just walking around with bits of paper in their hands, sat at desks chatting about what was on TV last night, stood in corridors chatting, I assume these are all admin staff, yet you then have the nurses running round trying to cope with the demand, and doctors who seem to be on holiday more than at work.

The NHS is poorly managed, just like our trade, too many white coats doing nothing looking busy, imagine scrapping Part P, Napit, NIC all not required, just there to provide employment and keep us spending money to keep them employed.

People that are old enough will know that the cycle is Labour get in and everything is good, they spend spend spend but they don't have to start with, they punish the rich, the rich stop spending, the bubble burst, we have massive debt.

Then the Tory's take over get us back on track, times are hard to start with, then things start to improve, and then Labour get beck in and we start all over again.

NHS admin...

Unfortunately I Spend a lot of time being repaired in the local Hospital.

Imwas in just before Christmas and the Tree had arrived to be put up in the main entrance. The entrance is F massive, it could easily have been another ward or theatre. In it there is

Pharmacy

Marks and Spencer

WH smiths

Cafe Nero

Anyway, as i was walking through the entrance the tree was on the floor, there were two pop up scissor lifts, 7 blokes in Hospital overalls, three people from the local garden centre, a small dumpy woman in WAY too big heels teetering about holding a clipboard ( her badge said Facilities Management) and a couple of minions

After my appointment, approx 4 hours later, i went back through reception and the tree was on the floor, there were two pop up scissor lifts, 7 blokes in Hospital overalls, three people from the local garden centre, a small dumpy woman in WAY too big heels teetering about holding a clipboard ( her badge said Facilities Management) and a couple of minions BUT there was an additional bloke running some Vulcascot the full width of the reception. I found this rather strange as if they had rolled the tree over then they would have seen a floor socket beneath where the tree was lying.

I visited again a week later and the tree was up. I can only conclude that it took less than a week,to,put the tree up

Just editing

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Binky....

Binky for prime minister i say.

Thatcher the retard [and liar] [and co-kiddyfiddler conspirator] decided that britain was to dump industry and we would be "tourism and insurance"

That worked out well eh....

john..

Thatcher allowed me to have what I have today, she allowed self employed people who wanted to earn money to earn it.

She was the best thing that happened for me, labour wanted everyone on PAYE which suited the flat cap brigade who seemed to think you had to be in a union and work for an employer who they hated.

I think the NHS needs a good clear out, whenever I'm at the hospital I see a lot of staff just walking around with bits of paper in their hands, sat at desks chatting about what was on TV last night, stood in corridors chatting, I assume these are all admin staff, yet you then have the nurses running round trying to cope with the demand, and doctors who seem to be on holiday more than at work.

The NHS is poorly managed, just like our trade, too many white coats doing nothing looking busy, imagine scrapping Part P, Napit, NIC all not required, just there to provide employment and keep us spending money to keep them employed.

People that are old enough will know that the cycle is Labour get in and everything is good, they spend spend spend but they don't have to start with, they punish the rich, the rich stop spending, the bubble burst, we have massive debt.

Then the Tory's take over get us back on track, times are hard to start with, then things start to improve, and then Labour get beck in and we start all over again.
1/ do you not chat to anyone at work?? It's a very important part of team building.

2/ labour (Tory Blair) followed the previous Tory mantra for 10 years, light touch regulation on banks being the main one and look what the greedy crunts did to the country and will do again given half a chance. Look at all the PPI mis-selling, and other poor finnacial advice given to millions.The last bubble was created and  burst by the lies of the cheating rich! Is it not also the wealthy with lots of overseas bank accounts, offshore investment funds etc etc. So Labour make a show of redistrbuting  abit of wealth from the top 1% of the country, people who make their wealth on the backs of minimum wage employees mostly. The Tories are not putting us back on track, the recovery happened off the backs of hardworking people and small business owners who soldiered on regardless. The one good thing Osboune did was change plan after  a year when it became very evident that hefty slashing of public services would really throw us back into a 1920s recession, as advised by the likes of the IMF.

It always bemuses me how we always seem to hinge everything on the government? Let's face facts the governments of today are no more than self centred wannabes irrespective of their colour. They have no more interest in what's right for the people than the next politician.

The facts are in the words, mention recession and confidence dips and businesses go on the back foot, mention growth and suddenly confidence returns and businesses grow.

In the meantime the working man carried on about his life regardless, it matters not to the working man if recession or growth is bounced around the parliamentary towers, he still gets up every day and goes to work gets his pay packet and spends it on his family living requirements. Some weeks we earn more some we earn less does that mean we are in and out of recession each week?

What we need is a revolution of the people for the people.

Thatcher allowed me to have what I have today, she allowed self employed people who wanted to earn money to earn it.

She was the best thing that happened for me, labour wanted everyone on PAYE which suited the flat cap brigade who seemed to think you had to be in a union and work for an employer who they hated.
she did a briliant impression of turning everyone into little capitalists making out she did you a favour, then taxing you more through the back door than you ever were taxed before. The old style heavily unionised nature of the country needed to change, and has done, possibly a bit too far the other way, hence no housing for the young, zero hour contracts, etc etc. There is no chance Labour would take us back to those days, the world has changed too much, and nobody really wants that now. But at least, in my opinion, they do stand up for the less well off and have more consideration for the disadvantaged, whre as the uderlying re-mit of the Tories is to return us all to Victorian times so the wealthy can exploit us like they did then!

Binky, all my customers are wealthy and we get good work from them, this has been built up over the 28 years I've been self employed, and what I know is that when Labour are in our demand for work drops dramatically.

We current have a very large indoor swimming pool project worth 75k on electrics alone and this job is on hold until the election, if Labour get in this job will be shelved.

I have no problem with offshore accounts, if tax was fair it woukd not happen, why should someone pay 85% and others 20%, they've both worked for it.

I pay 50% and it hurts to think that for every hard earned £1 I give half to whatever government it is, most likely Labours first job will be to increase it to 60%.

What I do know is that Labour have never been any good for me.

Mrs T, the one good thing she did was break the union stranglehold, and the closed shop.  BEFORE criticising her government, look at the mess the country was in in the 70's. Closed shop, on strike over something every other week, the 3 day week, rolling power cuts, the winter of discontent.

That would NOT have been solved under a labour government.

This was the only STRONG government I can recall in my working life time. the rest have been well, rather wishy washy.

Tory Blair's government was of course Nu Labour. A sort of Tory / Labour mix.  Let me remind you of a little comedy sketch of the time:

"So Mr B.  you are going to appeal to the tory voters by persuading them you have adopted a lot of tory policies"

"That's right"

"So what about all your traditional labour supporters, won't you alienate them?"

"Ah, we will just hope they think we are telling lies"

In the present day, I think the country just gets on and works in SPITE of government, not because of it. The banking crisis, austerity, etc is a global thing totally outside the control of any one government.  I am absolutely 101% convinces TB knew it was coming but could not do anything to stop it, so he stepped aside to let his "best friend" GB have a shot at the top job.  GB was shafted. With friends like that........

Take interest rates. For years the king pin of monetary policy. NOBODY could have engineered today's low interest rates even if they had wanted to, and if we get to a state of deflation, nobody knows how to solve that one either. What happens happens.

I personally would like a bit of inflation, so long as it also came with decent interest rates once more.

And how many council homes were built under New Labour exactly???
none, becuase they continued with tory policies

Steve 3948, if all your clients are wealthy you are quite lucky, and in a different world to most of us. You probably do find Labou is bad for your business. I get involved mostly with ordinary working people, and the occasional millionare redeveloping their 2nd home in Salcombe. There is this strange idea that only the wealthy work hard, which is bloody non-sense, one of my office staff is running 4 jobs to just make ends meet.

Totally agree about the tax, but then the really wealthy have the ability to avoid it. Companies like Amazon and Starbucks pay nothing like the tax they should. personally I would like to see the whole tax system overhauled and simplified with the loopholes shut down. Apart from making the whole system easier to admin, it would also reduce the amount of money wasted on civil servants and accountants.

as for strong governments, so was Hitler :^O . mrs T ended up abusing power after having done some good.

I am not incidentally a labour supporter, I just think they offer more sense then the tory party who i will never vote for. I tactical vote, and always have done.

I'm listening to Question Time whilst typing, the Tax Payers alliance had just pointed out that many people spend more on tax than food, which is an interesting statistic. How fair is that?