2330, 2356 & 2357

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philbas

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this throws a lot of light on the situation, but I have just received this communication from my training provider. (some details removed to protect the guilty:))

I am writing to update you on the changes to the NVQ qualifications, which will take effect from April 2011. The changes do not dramatically affect you, or reduce the amount of time you have left to achieve your qualification.

The current City & Guilds NVQ, Level 3 will expire in April 2011 and will be replaced by a new qualification.

The new qualification is the 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment / Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance) (QCF 2357).

There are some exciting new areas added to the new qualifications, and there is a new assessment that you will take after you have gained suitable experience.

As there is some new content, there might be some changes to your theory material, which we will send to you by email. The changes will also be available by post, so please let us know if you would prefer to receive them in this format.

You do not need to do anything else at this stage. You can continue studying your theory and attending your workshops and assessments without any interruptions. We will ensure that you are registered on the new qualification when the time comes.

Please note that the impact of the new qualification is positive. If you have already begun your 2330 technical certificate at either level, you can continue your training and we will register you on the new 2357 qualification when you are ready. You do not need to be registered on the 2356 NVQ

Latest posts