2330 level 3 V part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeff737

Reaction score
now then you lot

im sure a great deal of people will find the final answer to this one VERY interesting.

in a nut shell, my college head of dept, has told us all that the 2330 level 3 INCLUDES the part p................OTHER SAY NOT, so do i need to go to the expense of doing part P, and if it is in the level 3, are the great unwashed such as contrator bosses and employment agencies (who are on a level with estate agents if you ask me!) aware of it!??

im looking for solid fact here not just opinions!!

cheers Guiness Drink

now let the fighting begin!!!

so what does that mean? are we or arnt we?

im allowed on my driving licence to drive a car AND tow a trailer with no further training ...but now a days thats not allowed.......but i still qualify!!!!

some one needs to stick some one in the ribs with a sharp pencil to get this sorted out otherwise it will look like its just a money making racket and we all know that our government would never tax us without reason, right???

and more than that it shows a very tight and well respected industry in a 'gray' light, thats not good for any of us.

ok, at the moment you can work in a domestic house but not carry out any major works. you can only carry out minor works that need to be certificate.

To be part P registered u need to sign up with a part p company scheme.

ok, at the moment you can work in a domestic house but not carry out any major works. you can only carry out minor works that need to be certificate. To be part P registered u need to sign up with a part p company scheme.
can you explain the 'company scheme' part please

ta.

ok, at the moment you can work in a domestic house but not carry out any major works. you can only carry out minor works that need to be certificate. To be part P registered u need to sign up with a part p company scheme.
can i further ask you about your reply, ive asked the Q on here before, what qualies are needed to work in domestic work and the replies shocked me as they said NONE but the testing would have to be signed off by a qualie'd sparky. when we bought our home 12 years ago it had been fully rewired (no paper were shown as proof), did you issue them back then?..........when i was doing some refurb work i found the cowboys had done the sockets, but just run a length of T&E up from the C/U under the floor boards and used a conector block to conect it in to the old cloth wire for the lights!!

you also got to have your 17th edition
so even though ive done my 2330 1,2,& 3, i have to do 17th before i can really start work??..........

no wonder the poles are over here!!

i would have thought the fact that a stated my college head of dept, would have answered that one for you. i have no experience in the trade, im an engineer retraining...so the practical side is hard to find, hence the desire to go self employed, that said i have 22 years experience in maintenance but wanted the qualies to give me the option to get out of factories and start again.

how long have u been in this industry? you sound very unsure about everything and thats a worry....
its not his fault,,, the teachers tell you all sorts of things, so then you decied to talk to a carrer advicer and they tell you somthing completly different, so then you come and a site like this and get told the truth....

i had the same problem... all you want is step by step account of how to get into the industry but the govement has made is complicated...

not to bring up NVQ 3 !!!!headbangheadbangheadbang

Danny....your so right mate!!!!

do you think a 'propper' thread could be started to explain too would be sparkies really what is involved to get qualied before they spend there hard earned cash....for some odd reason this stuff was never mentioned while they were taking my credit card details????

this is also a funny one... you dont need to have a NVQ 3 to join any scam provider, you can do your 2330 Lv 3 , 17th , (2391 at a later date) and then go into business.

but JIB will tell you , that you are not a electrcian unitll NVQ is complete ...

But guess what!!! they are now talking about doing away with the NVQ headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

Guiness Drink

mate, ive just looked at the link you posted.........what the hell are 2330 7 & 2330 8........this is getting silly................how long & how much do i have to spend before i can do the job.......and is it why there are over seas workers and just plain chancers doing the trade under the radar!!

Im honest but this is just plain daft.......my dad said i should re-train to be a plumber.......im thinking ive junked 3 years and nearly 2 grand on a dream where the goal posts are moving day by day!!

there is talk of Consolidating it into other parts of the training, i recon there will be a big shake up in the next couple of years.

Latest posts