240v 50w downlighters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
in a 4.5x4.5 room, is a row of 3 then 2 then 3 going to be too over powering? They will be dimmable though.

in a 4.5x4.5 room, is a row of 3 then 2 then 3 going to be too over powering? They will be dimmable though.
you can always fit lower wattage lamps or CFLs. Lower wattage being cheaper and more reliable (older technology). Biggest problem will be getting past joists etc, especially with that many lamps. Would be inclined to fit 2 rows or split circuit down to give switching options.

Id go for 9 = 3x3 if they are mains as ive never actually measured the difference with a meter but im convinced that theyre not as bright as Lv.

and remember theyre spots so you may get dull corners if not enough installed

Id go for 9 = 3x3 if they are mains as ive never actually measured the difference with a meter but im convinced that theyre not as bright as Lv.and remember theyre spots so you may get dull corners if not enough installed
Mains aren't quite as bright, also worth looking at wider angle lamps as standard are narrow focused. Had a problem recently with a pool table solved by changing lamps to wide angle, made huge difference

cheers binky i wasnt aware that you can get diffrent angles i just assumed it was due to the shape of them how ignorant am I lol

cheers binky i wasnt aware that you can get diffrent angles i just assumed it was due to the shape of them how ignorant am I lol
Its a particulr problem with LEDs which obtain brightness by sharp focus - cheating so and so's

cheers guys, its done now, went with my original 3,2,3 and was just right. They do seem dimmer than lv ones.

Latest posts