4th Year apprentice looking for work in Bristol, Bath, Weston, Chippenham Areas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyba

Reaction score
HI I'm 26 and a 4th year apprentice, I have recently completed my 2330 level 3 and I hold a valid ECS certificate which was issued last week and has been sent off for jib grading this week. I am currently waiting for a 17th edition update course to begin in the coming weeks, I also have a full and clean driving license, I have a basic tool kit not including testing equipment.

I am currently living in cornwall but the work situation down here is bad at the best of times so I am relocating to the Bristol area, My girlfriend and I have decided to bite the bullet and take a risk and move in january. we will be living in the Bradley stoke area as she is hoping to train to be a vet and it will make it easier for us both to get onto the M5 and give us a wider area to look for work.

I have for the last 12 months been working on a self employed basis hiring myself out to experienced electricians to gain some experience myself, I recently completed a contract for a friend of mine that owns a farm which required me to fit out a barn with lighting for 12 lambing sheds.

I designed fitted and tested the job by myself with help from a labourer that worked on the farm, before starting the job I ran the designs past my tutor at college as they've kindly agreed to give me help with any queries I have concerning jobs as they understand the situation that many of us have been left in. I have previously worked in a management role within a drilling company in the middle east so I am no stranger to working on my own and I have excellent organisational skills.

I understand the situation that many electricians are in at this moment in time and I am more than willing to work for a lower wage and put the graft in to get to complete my NVQ 3, I am also more than happy to work for a short period for FREE to prove my worth.

The grades i received during college were all distinction and credit level i understand these mean nothing without the experience but i hope it will go some way to helping any possible employer understand the grasp that i have on trade.

If anyone could help in any way whether it be a job opportunity or some information on the possibility of a job opportunity it would be greatly appreciated.

If you wish to contact me about this further please E-mail [email protected] and i'd be more than happy to forward my C.V for any further consideration.

Many Thanks

Dan Skyba

Good luck in your endeavours. It's won't be easy but keep at it and something will come up.