Accenta Alarm System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone1048

Reaction score
H i have an Accenta alrm, which must be at least 22 years old. The alarm system is still working perfectly, but
unfortunately the remote keypad is gradually dying, some buttons now do not work consistently, as i have now
change the code 3 times to use buttons that actually work. Unfortunately the (8) button which you need to press
to perform a code change works intermittently. So I have reached the concluion I need to change the keypad?
I'm not sure if the keypad is a g3 LED, it has the 15 buttons (3 rows of 5) and 10 LED's in a vertical line on the left hand side??
My question basically is can I change this keypad for a G4 LCD type or are there any cmplications doing this?
I feel fairly confisent doing this as i used to work in telecomms, involving dealing with lots of electronics.

As you say, it is at least 22 years old, it was "replaced" by the Accenta g3, even that is obsolete :( (But some places are still selling it) The accenta g4 keypad you mention has an LCD display. All keypads with an LCD display are driven by the panel, your panel can not drive any LCD display so it will not work.

Sadly, the only option you have is to upgrade the keypad and panel to something else. (But stay away from radio, it causes nothing but grief)

Latest posts