AM2 assement - what are the requirements to enroll

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateursparky

Reaction score
Hi

I've just passed my 2330 lv3, could I do the AM2 now?

What are you expected to do within the required time?

Hello and welcome to the forum, I have moved this thread to the student area I believe you may get a better response there.

I am sorry I can not help you we had none of these qualifications when I was a lad.

Before doing AM2 you need to the candidate self-assessment form which you can download from the NET website http://www.netservices.org.uk/pdfs/Candidate%20Self_Assessment%20Checklist%202012.pdf

This needs to be signed by your employer and training provider to confirm you have experience of all the tasks required. More info is on the NET website.

Apparently the pass rate is currently about 50%. The apprentices I've sent to take it haven't had much difficulty although some have struggled with the on-line open book multiple guess questions.

Amateursparky

Are you currently employed within the electrical industry or have you completed the course in hopes of gaining employment. If you are employed in an electrical role i would suggest contacting your local college and see if they run NVQ 2357. As you have now completed your 2330 level 3 the 2357 will be a doddle as this requires 9/10 visits to your workplace where an assessor can catch up with you and see what you do on a daily/weekly basis and to catch up with your employer. You will also need to complete 2 portfolio jobs and complete 1 module which isn't covered on the current 2330 course. Once you have done these your tutor will then put you in for your AM2. If your local college does this course the good thing is it should be free as it should be government funded the only thing chargeable is your AM2 test (not sure how much though). If your college doesn't do this course as not all of them do then unfortunately either you or your company will have to foot the bill which can be

The self assessment check list is mandatory from April this year and has to be signed by the candidate and/or the employer or training provider.