AM2 motor diagram needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
Has anybody got a copy of the motor diagram for the new AM test,would come in very handy,cheers

or even a quick drawing would be good.thanks

All you have to do is connect your feed into the top of starter and then your load out the bottom. All the rest is pre-wired :D

sorry i mean from the db to the top of the starter, is it just 3 lives and an earth there is no need for a neutral ?

Think you still take a neutral and there is a connection for it in the starter. Then you come out of starter in sy flex without a neutral.

You get a spec which shows you what type and size of cable to use.

I f--ked up on the motor circuit, ran 3 lives an earth & a neutral in did`nt no where to put the neutral so put it in a connector block and was going to go back to it then realized i made an error on the 1st light switch went and sorted that out and forgot about the neutral and told the instructor i was finished.

Have to do the hole 7 and a half hours again just because i forgot to connect the neutral,what an idiot.

Can you remember were you connected the neutral into ?

Well done on your result.

Did you leave a neutral wire lose in the starter, hence the fail?

It should say on the spec you get given whether a neutral should be taken. When you go back, just look on the spec and see if it says to take one. I really can't remember if I took a neutral or not but I think I did.

On that drawing, it shows a neutral coming in.

How long did it take to recieve your results?

You will need to run a neutral whatever I would presume for your coil on the contactor as I assume its will be a 230v coil.

Got my AM2 on Monday, more worried about cracking the testing than anything else, containment I have been told is pretty easy now. I come from more of a control/industrial side though so deal more with control circuits etc than a domestic spark would i presume.

Regards,

Atki

Three phase +N+E from dist. board to starter. Connect to isolator which is intergal to starter be careful of phase sequence as this is opposite to the normal convention ie left to right N, L3, L2, L1, therefore also watch phase sequence of your output.