anyone into cars

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of it, with something with more of everything. ;) Not saying I've got anything that will at the moment, but it's not an unbeatable set of figures.Ah, just noticed BHP/litre, that could take some beating.......... *sets off hunting*.....
thats being fairly moderate, could probably get another 40 or so out.

mine has a heater, beat that steps.
<white flag smilie>

280bhp/litre is absolutely tame.

which part of the country do you live in i can get you a ride in 300bhp/litre car within 80miles no matter where you live

all average cars too nothing more than 15k in value so excluding exotic supercars

what is yours steps?

280bhp/litre is absolutely tame.which part of the country do you leave in i can get you a ride in 300bhp/litre car within 80miles no matter where you live

all average cars too nothing more than 15k in value so excluding exotic supercars

what is yours steps?
about

wow are you an historian rev ROTFWL

i'd love to see your shed

the missus had her cambelt go on her old car and needed a car asap so we went looking and i tried my best to convince her to get this lovely jag s type v6 but she refused on the grounds that it was an auto :(

she ended up getting a vectra(a nice one though) gsi 3.2, it goes quite well, handles quite well(despite what Mr.Clarkson says), is quiet and comfy on long journeys but is shocking on fuel. i drove the 80 mile trip to see my parents at 60 on cruise and it only got about 28mpg!! its long term average is about 21mpg!

you would have been better off with VAG in my opinion, better mpg, more power, better torque spread, the only real downside is the PD units are a bit more noisy.

my brother has a Seat Ibiza 1.9TD running ~230bhp and ~350LBft yet when we drove it to the St.Tropez last summer with 4 adults, a boot with as much luggage as would fit and a couple small bags on the middle of the rear seat driving at 80-90mph it still averaged over 40mpg, if we had driven at 55-60 it was averaging 50-55mpg but a 1000 mile would take quite a while at 55mph!

I bought my car after looking at various offerings from Merc, BMW, and VAG particularly Audi. I would have had to pay 8-9K for an Audi A4/A6 of similar spec and mileage to the Jag. Audi would have been my first choice for sure but just a tad expensive. Could have had a Passat but even they are holding a good price. Skoda...... errrrrr still wouldnt,

oh hang on, i thought you were talking about the ford :)

the skoda's are the same car, don't listen to naysayers, i've owned one for the last 6 or 7 years.