Bathroom RCD opinions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I know that if following the regs to the absolute wors would mean that any additions or alterations to wiring in bathrooms would mean that the circuit would require RCD protection,,,,

but would you insist on adding a RCD to the lighting circuit if you say, had to replace and relocate a pull cord 6" from where it was (without extending the circuit)??

Just get on with it. You are replacing like for like which doesn't require RCD and you are just cleaning up the ends of the cable, now its too short to terminate where it was so you have to move it a couple of inches. ;)

i doubt any one has stuck a tape up and photograped its exact position, your not even extending any cable,

may be you replaced like for like and noticed the cable was damaged and replace a section of cable

like for like swap mate

what if you have installed a new shower cubicle and this has meant that an existing extractor fan (not low voltage) is now in a zone 2.

Should an rcd be added to this existing circuit , which is on a wlex board??

Thanks for any replies

P

what if you have installed a new shower cubicle and this has meant that an existing extractor fan (not low voltage) is now in a zone 2.

Should an rcd be added to this existing circuit , which is on a wlex board??

Thanks for any replies

P

Could you leave the 230V extractor there, if you RCD it then?

Or would it have to be moved / altered to a selv jobbie?

( Guys - I already know the answer, ok? I`m asking the poorfish.)