BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich and Nottingham still open
and green lanes, park royal, enfield, northampton, bristol, edinburgh, hayes, watford, beckton,croydon,crawley, leeds, white hart lane.

For how long, who knows?

the watcher is watching

I am sure the Senior management did everything in their ability to save the company.
I'm sure they did - didn't work though, shame, i agree bdc were good most of the time, had some very good people working for them

Leeds & WHL don't count as they're not trading centres. Can't work out what logic they've used when it comes to closing down centres. Thought they were moving North to South but Edinburgh (is Glasgow operating?) still being open knocks that theory.

I was aiming it at you gentiles.

Happy Christmas from Mary too.

As the Innkeeper said "I've no room in the Inn but I've got a bloody big empty warehouse out back you can kip in"

To whom & what? There's not a lot of staff left & the stock is worth less by the day. I heard that all sites would be closed by Xmas.

The only likely buyer now would probably be internal with external finance-but who's lending nowadays?

Especially with the customer base eroding every hour.

Tesco buying WHL?

Basing "new" company at Park Royal?

Norwich,Notts and Northampton 2morrow?

Anyone know if Brighton is still open? I used to manage a small wholesaler

opposite and than they came along. Can't help but gloat a bit if it's gone.

Also in 1994 I had a meeting with ) who I think was the finance guy at the time. He was "interested" in buying the remains of a wholesaler I was the purchasing director for. Very arrogant type kept saying

that we ( BDC ) will be the number 1 wholesaler in the UK wthin 5 years.

I do hope he was there still when it went **** up.

Not that I'm one to hold a grudge :p

You mean * main board director but no shareholding. Built his reputation on his one success - producing the first colour catalogue & getting the suppliers to fund it. Was still there when the main board were all shown the door by the administrators. Vain, arrogant man whose knowledge was all theorectical. Always knew when he'd read a new management tome as he'd turn up at meetings with new buzz words like blue sky thinking & joined up management.

Don't see Tesco buying WHL unlees the coucil are deperate to replace the lost jobs. One of DIY sheds was interested a few years ago but they couldn't get planning permission due to single carriageway road, increased traffic & poor access. New company based at Park Royal would make sense but where's the funding coming from & would suppliers support it? Really need to look at the Screwfix model to get it right.

As long as the silliness stays out of this thread - it remains open!

Status
Not open for further replies.