Becoming part p registered

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
I am looking into becoming part p registered i have completed city & guilds 2330 level 1,2,3. I have passed the The 17th edition i have passed 2391 test and inspection (inspection part) waiting to do the resit on the writing.i have also got the NVQ level 3 2356 electrical installation.

What is my next move to become part p sick of asking the college they just keep trying to get me on more college courses and never get a straight answer of them and keep getting told different things to do to become part p registered.

thanks for the help.

I am looking into becoming part p registered i have completed city & guilds 2330 level 1,2,3. I have passed the Th edition i have passed 2391 test and inspection (inspection part) waiting to do the resit on the writing.i have also got the NVQ level 3 2356 electrical installation.What is my next move to become part p sick of asking the college they just keep trying to get me on more college courses and never get a straight answer of them and keep getting told different things to do to become part p registered.

thanks for the help.
i was first part p reg'd at end of 2nd year/start of 3rd year apprenticeship. already had 2381 from a few years earlier. assessor was happy with that

so andy where and with whom did you start and how did you get part p reg ? elecsa or napit

The thing is i work in a factory and have done so for 21 year so just hanging in there for some redundancy money.i have a bit of work on for my self and can get some work with a local builder (garage conversions ,conservatory's and so on) but don`t no if it is going to be pleanty to cover the elecsa fee and make any money my self.I no i will have to join one of the body's to move forward just a big step and money to shell out.

any suggestions would be helpfull. thanks

The thing is i work in a factory and have done so for 21 year so just hanging in there for some redundancy money.i have a bit of work on for my self and can get some work with a local builder (garage conversions ,conservatory's and so on) but don`t no if it is going to be pleanty to cover the elecsa fee and make any money my self.I no i will have to join one of the body's to move forward just a big step and money to shell out.any suggestions would be helpfull. thanks
im in the same boat apart from i have been made redundant. The thing is, is that many already established sparks may be fairly busy but all seem to be just scraping a living, so it would be worse for a startup business.

Self employment is one of those should I, dare I kind of things. If you are working full time but have the opportunity to do outside work your in a position that most self employed have never had the luxury of. I was talking to a builder today who had no idea when he could pay his next mortgage payment, but was determined to do so.

I do not have a regular wage, people who work for me do, they think I earn mega bucks, I do not, and I am proud to walk around aldi fill a trolley with

i can see where you are coming from green hornet it`s just the country does not no which way it is going at the min.was thinking of asking someone else to sign my work of but then you go down the road of paying them to criticize and pick faults in your work.

it`s getting to the stage where I'm having to turn work down because I'm not part p.

do i stick or do i twist ?

I would twist and go for it. I do know some forum members have done just that.

I would expect you may be more qualified than those who you would ask to sign off your work.

Twist and go with elecsa mate. They make it so easy and it's run by contractors for contractors. Go for it mate and good luck

can i stay in my job for now and sign up with elecsa and do work after hours & and weekends ?

if you go with elecsa how long does it take from signing up till they come out and inspect your work ?

Yes can mate. It's about four weeks but I've heard A lot of people get a cancellation in two weeks. They are very easy going and the helpline always helps or calls back within 15 minutes and are very helpful. Notifying over internet is also very easy too.

i was looking on the elecsa website and seen that a garage connected to the house to do a conversion just to turn it into another room you don`t need to get it signed off.i take it if there is a socket in there you just spur off that and add a couple of extra sockets.

you would only have to get it signed off if you run a feed from the db or from a socket next to the garage to the sockets ?

Ruff pricing

what would you charge for the conversion in the garage putting in 3 double sockets moving a light switch across to other side of room and putting up a new light and genral getting everything ready (1st and 2nd fixing) ?

would it take poss 2 days with all the messing about? think of a day rate and see if you can get parts cheaper than b&q then charge b&q prices, then try n add a bit extra for profit.

Andy 1st job for local builder don`t want to scare him off he says he has got work on till end of year and he is sh-t scared of touching electrics so need to keep him onside.