Big Yellow Book - Group Buy - Gauging Interest

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still cannot fathom a logical reason as to why anyone with even a modicum of sense would drop these ludicrous amounts of money on a complete new book to see a few chages on a couple of pages.

When the BSI release loose leaf versions and updates in the same format I will buy said editions.
They won't no more loose leaf versions will be published.

There are also more than a "few" changes unfortunately.

I still cannot fathom a logical reason as to why anyone with even a modicum of sense would drop these ludicrous amounts of money on a complete new book to see a few chages on a couple of pages.

When the BSI release loose leaf versions and updates in the same format I will buy said editions.
Blast from the past - welcome back Lurch :D

Just thought I'd post it here as well for people wondering what to do with there green regs

amazon.co.uk will give you £21.86 for your green regs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Requirements-Electrical-Installations-Incorporating-Regulations/dp/1849192693/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423473057&sr=8-3&keywords=bs7671

and £9.67 for the O.S.G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/On-Site-Guide-Regulations-incorporating-Amendment/dp/1849192871/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y

It's midway down the right hand side as a gift card.

Trade-In List
You have selected to trade in Requirements for Electrical Installations: BS 7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011: IET Wiring Regulations for an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card of £21.86, depending on whether your submission meets the product eligibilitycriteria.
The trade-in items you added are displayed below. There are limits on how much you can trade in. You will receive payment for items that meet or exceed the product eligibility criteria. Your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card account will automatically be credited for accepted items. Learn more about Trade-In.

Item Quantity Condition Trade-In Value Verify your book's ISBN number For each book below, please click the "Verify ISBN" button to verify that your book's ISBN matches what we expect.

Item added on 9 February 2015​

419pq1dhQfL._SL500_SX75_.jpg
Requirements for Electrical Installations: BS 7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No 1: 2011: IET Wiring Regulations 
ISBN-10: 1849192693
ISBN-13: 860-1200810264
ISBN Not Verified

Good £21.86
Item added on 9 February 2015​

41wbPkrqw6L._SL500_SX75_.jpg
On-Site Guide: (BS 7671:2008 Wiring Regulations, incorporating Amendment No 1:2011) (Iet Wiring Regulations) 
ISBN-10: 1849192871
ISBN-13: 978-1849192873
ISBN Not Verified

Good £9.67
Total 2   £31.53 Changed quantities or conditions? Press  to see the revised total.   Your order qualifies for Free Standard Delivery. (Some restrictions apply)

Trade-in items are purchased by a third-party merchant.

If we stop buying thier books, they will have to stop writing them. HAVE ALL THE ELECTRICIANS GONE ***** MAD, STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHY KEEP ON RE-INVENTING THE WHEEL?

I have NEVER chopped in any of my old Regs Books EVER

I have them from 14 th edn where the PIR was a MASSIVE DOUBLE sided sheet of A5! How times have changed!

Old Regs books are useful to refer back to for confirming the work was to standard WHEN it was done originally

Just hoarding
Don't worry kerching the library box has begun, though my collection only goes back to the first 17th red edition as that's when I started no doubt they'll be many more in the future for the loft  :shakehead

However

just checked, the red edition is worth £9.50  :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised here is our offer to the Membership for http://isswww.co.uk/the-iet-17th-edition-regulation-3rd-ammendment-bs-7671-2008-2015

Book       £55.00 net

Carriage   £2.50

Total       £57.50 net

Anyone wishing to take us up on this please call me in the office, please have a debit or credit card available so i can process the payment.

The office phone number is 01603 406148

We currently have 28 in stock, first come first serve.

Will you be getting more?? and hats off to you guys for supporting the hard pressed spark.

None of the schemes have done this for us and they should all be ASHAMED.

So very true Murdoch, it just goes to show by how much the scams are scamming us if an INDEPENDANT such a MM can do the best deal. I'll bet the scams get the books at the same price as MM probably less if truth be known.

If I can cancel my current order then you can count me in.

What price can you do the OSG for MM?

Will you be getting more?? and hats off to you guys for supporting the hard pressed spark.

None of the schemes have done this for us and they should all be ASHAMED.
We will be getting more, have sold quite a few prior to this offer.

So very true Murdoch, it just goes to show by how much the scams are scamming us if an INDEPENDANT such a MM can do the best deal. I'll bet the scams get the books at the same price as MM probably less if truth be known.

If I can cancel my current order then you can count me in.

What price can you do the OSG for MM?
Not sure at the moment, will sort out a cost tomorrow.

Good day today, had four or five members order the Regs book.

The guys in the office know all about the offer and are putting the orders through, i hope those who have ordered found it reasonable straight forward.

Just in response to the comments about how much the schemes make, we are doing this at next to cost, i just felt this was an opportunity for isswww.co.uk (unashamed plug)

to help out the membership after reading the thread, it happens from time to time that we are in a position to do so. 

The guys in the office know all about the offer and are putting the orders through, i hope those who have ordered found it reasonable straight forward.

Just in response to the comments about how much the schemes make, we are doing this at next to cost, i just felt this was an opportunity for isswww.co.uk (unashamed plug)

to help out the membership after reading the thread, it happens from time to time that we are in a position to do so. 
I think you should get a plug on every page with the amount of good deeds you pass on to forum members,,,  :)

Just in response to the comments about how much the schemes make, we are doing this at next to cost, i just felt this was an opportunity for isswww.co.uk (unashamed plug)

Hum..... I called.was told you were at lunch. Let my name and number and ....silence