Bit of advice required :) to 2391-20 or not?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkInferno

Reaction score
Right.. Not long passed my 2391-10 and they are offering the 2391-20 now...

I'm not making a lot at the moment and I can't help but wonder is it worth it?

What exactly does it cover that hasn't already been covered? or that won't be covered in my HND?

Is it important for getting work in any area? or is it just for my benefit for design which is an area I don't think I have many weaknesses in?

Any advice?

To be honest about 50% of the theory will be the same as the 2391-10. Course comprises the course material, an exam and a project. I guess it depends upon your aspirations. I only did it because the welsh assembly paid following redundancy. If you do decide to do it make sure they know you have done the 2391-10 as they need the practical assessement result. My cert was delayed by a year because they didnt realise I had the practical from the first course!

Passed my 2391 in 2006 and me c&g cert stated " passed the following 0 modules" with no other info! Mickey mouse methinks!!!

Lineman, I would get that cert checked out. Don't seem like they have given you the correct paperwork. I think they have given you the statement of results instead.

Hi Lineman,

I agree with electrician786....

I passed a load of C+G exams [ although not in electrical work] at about the same time. For each exam you passed, [i did 14 of them] you should have a cert giving your result and grade [passed with distinction etc] Then you should have a final cert [which is the actual "cert" itself, saying something like "lineman passed the following units and is awarded C+G advanced cert in rocket science or whatever"

I would be on to the C+G....

john....