boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prv is the pressure release valve as mentioned above. You have tested the water upto the boiler you said. So that just leaves the 'other' valve which i'm guessing is a check valve (1 way with arrow on). So even if you took the filling loop off and opened the valve, no water would come back through it. Seems though the system is already low on pressure my next step would be to drain the system down enough to undo the non-tested valve and then open it to test if it is working. My personal thought is that it wont be. Replace if required and fill her back up. Bleeding radiators as per norm. Dont forget that if you completely drain down. Any inhibitor will have been drained down and should be replaced.Looks like it's going to be a chilly xmas.
get rid of the pressure and you can easily remove the valve without completely draining the system

Non-return valves, as a rule, aren`t operable.

The O/P could happily loosed the compression nut, which holds the check valve to the pipe. If water jets out, he`s pressurised in the pipework........

Besides; if the boiler isolating taps are open; and no pressure is showing on the system, it may not have any pressure - all I was suggesting was a way to find out.

Ignore the PRV - it cannot be involved, if the O/Ps post is accurate...

KME

This is true, but water will p1ss out. How does he test valves with his finger stuck in pipe that he has just taken valve off. lol.
there will be no pressure so no masive amounts of water coming out. so you could easily stick your thumb over the open end, and turn valve on to see if water is coming through. or you could stick a conex stop end over open end whilst you test the valve

no i can not here here water flowing and both valves are open

the water goes up to central heating flow

also dont forget than unless air can get in, water cant get out. so it wont take much to hold something over it.

also, if the part is faulty, he has the same chance of getting a replacement as he has of getting a stop end

not to bad just put extra clothes on still trying to fix the dam thing
Why do they always break down when it gets cold. I have just had to replace my 25 year old boiler. I am sure the new one won't last half that time though.

Batty