Brick Built Pond and Electrical Cabinet

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cost us 25 for the sturgeon fish, and he eats blood worm from the pet shop, by the time hes fully grown which takes between 2 years and 7 years he will get to approx 3 feet long, but he eats 2 pods of blood worm in morning, pellets at lunch time ish and then 2 pods of blood worm and pellets in evening, costs of food per month approx 20 quid.

I must say I am slightly jealous now, not because of the sturgeon (you will never get any caviar from it), but that pond is brilliant.

I have one in my garden which is now boarded over because the dogs (I have 5) love to swim and play with anything in there.

One point I would make and this is by no means any criticism, the internal block work should have been laid flat, would have involved more block but would have given better newton strength, there is a lot of water in that pond.

Thanks for sharing it looks really good, all I have to do now is not let my wife see it, then I will not get nagged to rebuild mine. :)

thought everyone would like to see out finished idea , ive changed the pump in the middle this morning, because it just wasnt dramatic enbough for the size of the pond, so changed it for a more powerful one! hope you all like the last photo enjoy guys and girls!
You know fish hate pumps? It's like when you tap on the fish tank going on all the time. So annoying for them.

some photos of some of the fish, well the ones that would let me net them :^O

Image463.jpg

Image462.jpg

Image461.jpg

Image460.jpg

Image459.jpg

Image458.jpg

Image457.jpg

Image456.jpg

Image0008.jpg

Image0009.jpg

just installed the 2 lintels, will be filling in the top row of bricks tomorow prob give those lintels chance to set, but there is the electrical sub station in all its glory :^O basically finished but with out the door on the front which is going to be made to measure later in the week.

Image473.jpg

Image474.jpg

just installed the 2 lintels, will be filling in the top row of bricks tomorow prob give those lintels chance to set, but there is the electrical sub station in all its glory :^O basically finished but with out the door on the front which is going to be made to measure later in the week.
Image473.jpg

Image474.jpg
some of you may remember this thread from a while back, well today i recieved a new filteration system (2 x bigger and also a new clarifier/sterilizer UV light unit, it means the uv light is seperate and the filters are seperate but being a bigger filter unit it can clear more waste from the evr growing fish and stergeon, also the steriliser keeps the water clearer than a standard built in uv light with a filter unit combined, the pool has become so settled and is matturing nicely, now before you all jump on me i have emptied all the bacteria and old sponged that harbour the old fish water bacteria to allow the new filteration system a kick start in its life time.

new filter unit

Photo0006.jpg

new uv steriliser

Photo0007.jpg

Has that filtration system got them beads in it mate? And be careful advertising your pond with you know who beneath it lol

they are like little plastic things but not beads, ive added the ones out the other filtration to give it a kick start tho so hopefully should be so much of a shock to the water

Has that filtration system got them beads in it mate? And be careful advertising your pond with you know who beneath it lol
Yes I was thinking the same Matty, wouldnt want Badger to get all his fish taken whilst he is busy at work! He ought to get a decent CCTV system in place just in case anyone tries.

Actually, I might be coming over to Burntwood soon to do some PAT testing, dont worry though Badger I'm not intent on poaching with my fishing rods lol!

Great minds robin mate I was setting up the rods to go fishing round his house too lol
HAHA, we could maybe set a forum fishing club, would love to catch a sturgeon :)

right then lads and lassies you all remember back in 2010 when the above pond was made and built well a few changes have happened all these years later. Firstly, the liner had to be replaced so as that was being done i took the floor of the pool out by 2 feet. making the original approx 3500 litres and the new size pool 5500 litres

Next the biological filtration that was added due to sterlet growing looked an eye sore so a new brick area above the filtration cabinet has been built enclosing the air system and the biological filtration unit, plus on the top is now a water jug pouring into pool. I hope you like the pics its been good to have a redesign.

View attachment 5651

View attachment 5652

View attachment 5653

View attachment 5654

View attachment 5655

View attachment 5656