Bronze Domestic Installer Course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardy464

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My name is Dan.

I have been offered to do a Bronze Domestic Installer course at my local college at a great price as someone has dropped out. It covers part-p, 17th Edition and inspection and testing over a 5 week period.

I have completed all of my college work to become an electrician about 10 years ago And was hoping that doing this as a refresher would put me in good sted of getting back into domestic installation.

I have done some work as a mate over the years but never kept only for short periods of time.

Do you think this is a good course to get on with? if not what other courses would you recomend.

Many thanks in advance

Dan

This sounds like tradeskills4u. Depending on what it costs might be worth it, but check which C&G courses it includes. Some award the 2392-10 inspection which is the basic one for students with no testing experience, or "Domestic Instalkers"

To give you an example, I recently did my 2392-15 (yellow book) update at local college. They we're offering the 2392-15, 2394 and 2395 courses for £1395 all in.

If it's tradeskills, silver includes a PAT course.

Don't think they've progressed to gold yet..........

I've never heard os Neath Port Talbot, or Gower Colleges offering a couse titled like that, and a quick search of their websites reveals nothing either.

Normally the Colleges have accredited courses with a title that includes the accreditation.

Personally, if, it is NPTC, or Gower, then both are ok, I've taken courses at both.

I do think you should find out more though first.

Thanks for the insites guys. Ill call the colleges today and find out what they have to offer. I may even resit my level 2 as an evening class and look for an apprentiship. Any idea if I have any chance of getting one aged 28? Not sure if id be able to manage on an apprentiship wage, would it be possible to work as a mate while doing a level 3?

Latest posts