Building A Profile

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haverer

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm about to embark on the C&G 2365 L2 and L3.... once complete, I intend to start my NVQ.... but I know that I'll have to build a portfolio of work. I've searched 5 job sites for electrical installer and electrical maintainence jobs... but they all want a NVQ or a gold card already.... How do you guys go about getting that initial work to build your portfolio to become fully qualified?
Cheers for any practical tips.

Hi All
I'm about to embark on the C&G 2365 L2 and L3.... once complete, I intend to start my NVQ.... but I know that I'll have to build a portfolio of work. I've searched 5 job sites for electrical installer and electrical maintainence jobs... but they all want a NVQ or a gold card already.... How do you guys go about getting that initial work to build your portfolio to become fully qualified?
Cheers for any practical tips.
Lots of jobs around your own house, friends, neighbours. CSCS card isnt hard to get, it's more a health and safety test than electrical competence.