Business Banking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Who do you lot bank with for business.

I know a few people use a personal account but I have just gone through the Princes Trust and for them to sign the loan over to me, they require a business bank account.

Prob gonna go with Natwest as im only going to use the free 2 year business banking period then move it to another most probably.

I would use a personal account but the PT wont allow it so will have to use a business account for the time being.

Thanks

ive been using HSBC for about 4 yrs now and cant really complain .

Even when I gave gone overdrawn by accident ( which is hardly ever to be honest) i have gone and given some sort of story and they have been sound.

You get a business account and current accout all linked in with a Credit card.

easy online access....tickety boo.

Most wholesalers are not keen on personal accounts either. I use HSBC.

I started with HSBC and found them useless. I didnt do internet banking and i like going in branch, unfortunately the branches dont want to do anything on a saturday, they would tell me to use the telephone, no thanks cant remember a 8 digit number, they would then tell me to use the internet, no thanks didnt have the capability at the time, after that they would make me sit down for usually 40mins to see a advisier as the machines were not capable of business banking and they dont have counters open on a saturday.

Awful experience. Thank god im with natwest now. brilliant business manager who will really do out their way to help you. Never had a charge off them as the manager will ring you to warn you before you get charged so you have chance to move money and avoid charges.

Friendly staff in branch, cant fault them except they have now sold the car park they have to one of them ******* money grabbing clamp you in two second firms!

I use Alliance and Leicester as was (now Santander). Can pay cash i at post office and post cheques to them. No complaints about them. They did loose a cheque but immediately I queried the missing cheque and gave them details they credited my account with the missing amount and that was the end of it. Used them because they gave me 2 yrs free banking. If that ends then I'll look elsewhere but only to get free banking;)

Lloyds TSB for me. They were doing a deal on free business banking for your first 18 months so that got me. Local as well and like the staff in the branch.

Barclays for me and a few other sparks I know of, personally I get on well with my local business manager.

I've heard a bad rep for Natwest, especially when your struggling with your cashflow

Barclays for me and a few other sparks I know of, personally I get on well with my local business manager.I've heard a bad rep for Natwest, especially when your struggling with your cashflow
+1

My local business manager is very good, you get their private number and if you ever have any problems just give him a call, very convenient, will go the extra mile for you.

Had bad experiences with NatWest, RBS & Barclays!

I have a few business contacts who have had issues with HSBC.

Looking to move to LoydsTSB as I have a few business contacts who are with them and they seem to be sound!

Try Santander , no charges ,deposit cheques and cash at ATM . Acess your account on line, down load statements etc. i ve been with them for 5 years now. business advisors now in branches

Try Santander , no charges ,deposit cheques and cash at ATM . Acess your account on line, down load statements etc. i ve been with them for 5 years now. business advisors now in branches
I have been with Abbey for donkies years and always been happy with them.

Now with Abbey free banking .....Kicked Barclays in to touch a year ago & they still send me charges for an account thats closed.

Alliance & leiceter for me, been with them 4 years no complaints and very easy to pay cash and cheques in at PO.

I spoke to all the business managers in my local town. Ended up with Barclays. I am paying them, therefore they work for me, therefore I had the right to interview them first. Barclays came out on top, but that's in my town. Your local managers may come up different. For what it's worth, Lloyd's came a close second.

I'm with Barclays. Been with them for the 9 years I've been self employed, both when I was a sole trader and when I became a limited company. You'll find that you wouldn't be able to run your business through a personal account anyway, banks won't let you do it. My brother is a self employed builder, he tried it, he soon had to have a business account.

When people used to pay you by cheque did they make it payable to yourself ? and when you take cheques now do they make them payable to your business name or yourself still?

Did you hear that cheques are going to be phased out by 2018?

Doesn't matter if they make the cheque out to you personally especially if you're a sole trader. I always ask for mine to made out to my company, but if they make it out to me personally it still goes through ok.