Career Change, What Next!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The JIB use noted references to qualifications, if the quals earned are not within the remit then you will not get a JIB ecs card.

If the HSE come onto any site they will request that all cards show the work level that each employee is trained to work at. If your an electrician with just an CSCS card you will not be allowed to do any electrical work and removed from site.

I have had many electricians who have come for interviews who do not hold the correct cards for site work, many of them trained by training groups who promise the earth and deliver nothing.

I am not bias I will, if the urge takes me, give those who show promise a chance, however this is very far from present and past experience.

WTF is all the hype with these cards. i dont have any any its never been a problem, never even been asked for one. as for HSE, if they told me i couldnt work because i didnt have a card, they would be getting told to F O, they can look at all my certs if they wanted

No it will not. I have had this whilst on a site in London, the asked the operative to leave the site. The ECC card health and safety questions are directed at electrical work, which is why you need the ECS card and not a general CSCS card.

if someone wanted to pay me to change lamps all day, i wouldnt complain...
I bet you would............give it a year or two, just changing lamps and other small items all day everyday (well 5 days / week)  Trust me.