HVAC career prospects

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsalam

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to know if there are any HVAC technicians on here and what the career / money / opportunities there are in the field?

I was initially on the route to become an electrician but I have been offered a position to train and work as an electrical technician working on hvac and refrigerators.

I’m unsure on what to and just wanted some insight into the field.

thank you.

Hi all, just wanted to know if there are any HVAC technicians on here and what the career / money / opportunities there are in the field?

I was initially on the route to become an electrician but I have been offered a position to train and work as an electrical technician working on hvac and refrigerators.

I’m unsure on what to and just wanted some insight into the field.

thank you.
if someone wants to pay for the training, take the job. Air con, and to be more precise heat pumps are 'the future'. There's a shortage of trained trades in theat field of work, ergo good for your earnings. It also doesn't stop you becoming an electrician either, and all that gear needs an AC feed.

Update on the job. Been on the apprenticeship for 4 weeks now and I’m loving it. So good to have work experience, whilst going college and shadowing an experienced engineer whilst being paid!

Are you setting up a bright light near him, and you stand in front of this light?
I thought you were shadowing him? 😆

Pardon me asking, what exactly have you done/doing/what has he showed you?

Update on the job. Been on the apprenticeship for 4 weeks now and I’m loving it. So good to have work experience, whilst going college and shadowing an experienced engineer whilst being paid!
What happened to the Tesco maintenance job

He got a "better offer" in August
A month ago he was starting a job with Tesco's with a whole thread on whether they would give him an auto van unless I'm missing something that was in September nearly a whole month after the end of August

All the big changes at my local Tesco seem to happen overnight. Are you on some kind of night shift? Just curious.
Installs would happen out of hours, there’s a on call system but PPMs, leaks, general maintenance is done in store hours.

I hear that Tesco are good to work for , I enjoyed the work, when I worked on similar stuff in food halls, just watch out for the rats, both the four legged and the two legged

This is the Tesco HVAC/Refrigeration apprentice job lol. They allocated me a van and I am shadowing an Engineer whilst attending college.

Just curious.....
I assume you have to cover multiple stores over a specified geographical area?

What sort of area/travel do you have to work at???

Best wishes to you in this new career step! :) 🍻 🍺 🍻 🍺 😎 (y)

Just curious.....
I assume you have to cover multiple stores over a specified geographical area?

What sort of area/travel do you have to work at???

Best wishes to you in this new career step! :) 🍻 🍺 🍻 🍺 😎 (y)
Thanks mate.

Yeah it’s geographical we have teams based on area. For example I am London based so do stores within the m25 close to the store nearest to my home.