Castlec MCBs - alternatives?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 If only there were some way somebody could search for something on t'internet, some form of machine or engine....
Yes I can see it now ....some date in the future  where the earth is under the control of The Mekon ....a huge machine of cogs & gears clanking away  , driven by an old Vincent Black Shadow  1000cc  engine ......it would clang away  until finding your item in three days .   

Ahhhh!  Another fan of The Eagle  Onoff !!!   Not many of us about  .    Who else knows the name of the Pilot of the Future?  

Thing is I can't think why I'm so aware of the whole Dan Dare / Mekon thing and remember reading the comics! 1950-1969 I wasn't born / too young. 1982 -1994 I was working and much more interested in beer/skirt. My older brother's comics maybe? But then I realised Dan Dare featured in 2000AD  from 1977 -79 (I had the first issue as an impressionable 10 year old). It's stuff like this that shaped me I'm sure. Black and white view of the World. Policeman are to be respected. Politicians know what they're doing. Doctors are never wrong. No women are overweight /ugly and they all smell nice and have good teeth. All foreigners are a) bad or b) are alright but need our help. Wasn't the World a better place when everyone thought like that?

😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(British_comics)

Black and white view of the World. Policeman are to be respected. Politicians know what they're doing. Doctors are never wrong. No women are overweight /ugly and they all smell nice and have good teeth. All foreigners are a) bad or b) are alright but need our help. Wasn't the World a better place when everyone thought like that?
I know what you mean . I grew up in Black & White  and the original Eagle was my favourite comic .  The artwork was better in the beginning .  

Also reading the original Famous Five books   and  Just William .    All foreigners were not to be trusted in Famous Five books ,    four of the Five were extremely  middle clarse , always on pick nicks  with lashings of ginger beer  and going to boarding schools  but  I didn't seem to notice  in the Brum back streets.

I know what you mean . I grew up in Black & White  and the original Eagle was my favourite comic .  The artwork was better in the beginning .  

Also reading the original Famous Five books   and  Just William .    All foreigners were not to be trusted in Famous Five books ,    four of the Five were extremely  middle clarse , always on pick nicks  with lashings of ginger beer  and going to boarding schools  but  I didn't seem to notice  in the Brum back streets.

"Anne giggled with delight as Timmy licked her!"

They've changed half a crown to bloody 50p in the reprints! 

The Eagle.  Enid Blyton books. Crikey now I DO feel old. 

What about "Journey into space",  was that Saturday nights radio?   

What was the sci-fi horror series?  Was it Quatermass or something similar? My Dad didn't like me listening, said it would give me nightmares, but I loved it.

Was it Quatermass or something similar? My Dad didn't like me listening, said it would give me nightmares, but I loved it.
Ah   !  Quatermass  was on TV   .   My parents also thought I shouldn't watch it .  It had scary music as I remember  and the way it was promoted  seemed to scare everyone .   It was a Sci-fi  but I'd say it was the first time on TV  .  By today's standards  it was a big buggerally bird .

I still listen to Journey into Space  when they run the repeats  on R4Xtra . 

Series started in the 1930's I think  ,  the ones shown on Google  are poor modern reprint covers  .                        I wanted to BE  Just William ....    coming out  from  the village school

and going home via hedgerows  & ditches ,,  meeting up with  The Outlaws in The Old Barn .  The sun was shining,  kids were safe to roam  and and there was all the time in the world in an English village that probably doesn't exist anymore . 

Latest posts