Central Heating Wiring help again!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

i went friday while plumber was there and had a gander at the diagram he had -01042011045.jpg

phone all the wholesalers for a DPDT, either they had no idea or didnt stock one/cant order one. plumber phoned his merchants, basically the same replies.

so arrange to go back to house next week when hopefully weve sourced one. temp hooked up so that heating and water pumps come on at same time.

plumbers ordered one from maplins so im hoping itll be the right thing and will work.

Waht do you think?

Thanks for the update Monkey...If you don't mind I'll keep a copy of that!
yeah i do ROTFWL

help your self mate, the book it came from was very good there were hundreds of different wiring diagrams for all makes of boilers, im thinking of getting it to be honest.

It sounds to me he wants you to do his job as he doesn't want to put any valves in typical plumber only doing half a job.

i mentioned about valves and he said it wouldnt work necause of the pumps on the returns??
Can't see that myself have worked on many systems and pumps have been all over the place what about system boilers the pumps in the boiler.

Monkey,

You are looking for a douple pole double throw relay are you?

With a 230V a.c. coil?

I could not quite see from the book scan sorry.

evening again guys.

ive been back today to wire as per diagram in post 21 round-relay-pinout.jpg. ill try to remember how i did it and post in a min as left diagram at house.

cheers wayne

01042011045.jpg

Monkey5,

What are you trying to achive mate, I am struggling with your book scan.

The terminals on your octal 2 & 7 are the coil so one of them to power the relay one to the neutral, it does not really matter which way around you do these.

What do you WANT the relay to do?

Switch between pumps?

thin they should over run the pumps after the HW/HTG is turned off to get rid of the heat in the boiler.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:23 ----------

which bit of the diagram cant you see mate, i took a photo of it on phone then put on computer hence its not the best.

monkey,

it wont work like that, I dont think you have an over-run system in the boiler,

ATM from what I can make out once the clock/prog is no longer calling for heat the relay will stop supplying the pump,

NO overrun is controlled via the relay, the only way I see round this is pipe stats that will run the pumps on until the pipe goes cold.

get the plumber to pipe it up properly and fit some valves, it is far easier,

it is do-able, as I told you, but Im not convinced it can be achieved without pipe stats, you will have no other way of keeping the pumps live.

Monkey,

The other guys are more familiar with the standard wiring methods I always do heating from 1st principles and design my own circuits!

I know nothing of these S & Y plan things never heard of them till I came on here.

If you can explain the wet side to me and the electrical requirements in basic english and make a list of how it is to function I can design a circuit for both sides that will work.

However, I can't see enough of your book, nor do I know enough from the explanations given so far to comment really unless we start again, as I say from the required function, and forget the rest!

Also its late and I'm tired and I've been at KME's fridge again, payback for the scaff tower ;)

Latest posts