Central Heating Wiring help again!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monkey, can you give us the exact model of the boiler,

then we can check to find out if it has an over-run or not, this is the big hurdle, the wiring diag you are showing is dependant on the boiler controlling the over-run,

Im with SW on this, find out what is required then design to suit.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:54 ----------

I can just make out that monkey's boiler has a PL & a SL...I was guessing that SL is the trigger and PL is the supply to the pump (inc over run)
NOZ , I think that is the problem, thats NOT AFAIAA his boiler, its a generic diag he has, and it requires the boiler to have a pump control in the boiler.

TBQH Steps,

I thought that he had a boiler that controlled the pump overrun,, I though that he had a boiler similar to the diagram

trying to wire a different type boiler to that diagram would be daft.

My own boiler that I had running through 2 x relays had a 2 channel programmer, 2 x pumps and a room stat.... no pipe or frost stat...

I just used the relays so that the boiler would only fire up with a demand

the boiler has only a L N and SL. i tried saying this to plumber but he was adament that the diagram was the right one and would work. like i said i dont know enough about central heating so didnt want to argue with him.

View attachment 1691 this is off the boiler. its a firebird C35 (combipac i think).

the setup is a room stat, a cylinder stat, programmer. then theres a pump on the retur of HW and one on HTG return to. hes done this to get rid of the heat out of the boiler ang to pump it round the system as its a big house and has 4 bathrooms. the boiler has a flow and return come out of each side of it but think they are linked inside boiler.

i appreciate all the help you have been giving me and makes me feel a bit better as this really doing my head in. i dont like to let people down and like to learn but sometimes i know i should say no, but dont want to jepodise any future work from him.

cheers wayne

01042011048.jpg

TBQH Steps,I thought that he had a boiler that controlled the pump overrun,, I though that he had a boiler similar to the diagram

trying to wire a different type boiler to that diagram would be daft.
i know that now:Blushing

Heat Pac System C Boilers are fitted with Pressure vessel,Grundfoss circulating Pump, ,,,,,,,,
this would tie in with it being an oil burner, and the fact it has L + SL terminals,

I'll try find some actual details on it in a bit.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:25 ----------

www.boilers4you.com/brochure.../firebird/ENVIROMAX-MANUAL.pdf

section 4

page 15

all self explanatory really.

M,

I can't see enough detail in your pic, it looks like the burner rather than the whole boiler to me!

Sorry!

Listen.

Talk to you plumber, get him to write down in plain English a narrative of what he is trying to do and what he "thinks" is inside the boiler.

A block diagram of the wet side would be good too, make sure I can see it though! ;)

We can between us all here make this work even if we need plumbing help, I'm not bad, neither are a few others and several of us have "pet" plumbers anyway.

Lets persevere for a bit and see what we can sort.

IF your plumber is struggling get him to sign up, we won't take the p155, we'll help as long as he introduces himself as "your" plumber.

If this can be done we can do it between us all.

I am not brilliant at wiring heating systems but have done quite a few and most have not been standard but they have all had valves of some sort on them. As far as I am concearned a relay is only like a changeover switch so it will actually need something to change it over and make it work. I cannot see how it can make a pump run and even if it did what will then close it. Most oil boilers do not need the heat taking away although I could be wrong about that. Don't heating engineers put a loop of pipe in just past the boiler to take some of the heat away anyway. Just a few thoughts. I think some heating engineers expect you to know everything had this on a recent job wiring an airsource heating system the instructions were across about 5 manuals and each was different took me ages to wire it up then the builder is moaning due to the fact the job has gone over budget would have been nice to have been supplied with a wiring diagram for the system I was fitting not about ten different plans from five instruction books.

It sounds like the plumber has piped it as a Firebird Combi C plumbed system, thus the wiring is as per pages 24 & 25 of the PDF.

I'll have to print them to see, not now trust me!

I'll try 2moro!

Quick look at instructions it looks like pump can be wired from boiler so it may be possible to wire pumps via relay from boiler but as said I am not brilliant on systems so somebody like sidey would be better on this one.

Monkey,

I'll print the pages off the manual tomorrow and try to put a diagram together IF that is my post above wrt to the wet side is right!

Latest posts