Chrome sockets and switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ain't rocket science

when the unit was installed it contained 'compliant air'....as soon as the cover is removed the once 'compliant air' falls out and runs away as it is now illegal. It is then instantly replaced with the newly 'compliant flammable air'

the Scams get  their money, more gravy is purchased. The snouts at the trough increase in proportion to the amount of available gravy and the whole cycle carries on regardless of the poor sods pulling their stump out on a daily basis to provide the gravy
Exactly, I  knew it was nothing to do with shoddy workmanship. :slap

Some excellent points made  there .

Lurchio

Your comment on GasSafe reminded me what a customer experienced .   Call a gas firm in to service & check  gas fire , they annnounced that it was dangerous they must lock it off untill an air vent was drilled through the wall of the lounge  . 

Customer comes back with " You  installed it why is it dangerous after 5 years ?"  

There were two fitters , one was the original fitter , the other I believe , had his own version of their regs in his head ........  after a discussion outside  they left it as it was. 

Call a gas firm in to service & check  gas fire , they annnounced that it was dangerous they must lock it off untill an air vent was drilled through the wall of the lounge  . 

Customer comes back with " You  installed it why is it dangerous after 5 years ?"  

There were two fitters , one was the original fitter , the other I believe , had his own version of their regs in his head ........  after a discussion outside  they left it as it was. 

TBF, it's no different to all of the 16th edition boards I have fitted that are now "dangerous" due to the plastic combustion issues and lack of RCD's.

But this is a common one where manufacturers instructions, inspectors interpretations of the regs and the fitters lack of following any of them means that lots of stuff is done when it is not required and lots of stuff is not done when it should be, but then some of it can be argued either way depending on whether the fitter listens to the inspector or the manufacturer, or his boss. 

Like I say, it's chaos behind the scenes, it just looks like it's more orderly because it has been around for longer. The whole Corgi/Gas Safe thing is another issue that has meant the Corgi now just keep spamming customers with unneeded boiler breakdown warranties but because it is a name people have heard of and it turns up the week after we fit a new boiler they think it is something they should do. This should be made illegal, but the government are the ones who awarded the contract to Gas Safe rather than at least keeping the name for the scheme the same even if the scheme provider is different.

It ain't rocket science

when the unit was installed it contained 'compliant air'....as soon as the cover is removed the once 'compliant air' falls out and runs away as it is now illegal. It is then instantly replaced with the newly 'compliant flammable air'

the Scams get  their money, more gravy is purchased. The snouts at the trough increase in proportion to the amount of available gravy and the whole cycle carries on regardless of the poor sods pulling their stump out on a daily basis to provide the gravy

maybe 18th edition will include air tight consumer unit that needs filled with argon or some other non-flammable gas?

maybe 18th edition will include air tight consumer unit that needs filled with argon or some other non-flammable gas?
Yeah, and then we'll have to do a course on the safe handling of compressed gasses, brilliant. lol

Whoop,de whoo!

Have already got that ticket

😃
Not the correct one though,

That's about staying alive,

(Staaaaaaayyyyyyyyiiiiiiing alive bo bo bo bo,,)

This new course is only 500£ and a free pie courtesy of fat T and the nodding donkeys charidee,,,,

It its about regassing non flammable carbon fibre coated titanium boxes filled with vacuum treated nothing,! 

It will also vacuum treat your pockets too.!

free pie, if there is any left. even the crumbs will be gone
Won't be an issue

our fees will,increase so that more pies and gravy can be bought

the lucky few amongst us will,reluctantly be allowed to,watch the others eat the pies that we have paid for. The rest will,not get a look in!

heres something to mull over......I wonder how much of our ,'hard earned' goes into paying for the hotels/expenses of the snouts at all the events/exhibitions/training courses that they put on/attend?

Latest posts